De Wit issues @ Hungary GP - Question!

Ruben Boutens

@Simberia
Just a question

What happens when De Wit gets penalised by Racedirector for his behavior @ Hungary GP, and then De Wits team make an appeal to avoid the probaly hard penalty he will get - Then the guys with majority of power in COA who handles the appeal is DeWits teamboss, how will this thing work out?

Just a simple question

While Simon might be right (Ruben joined RD today...), as a member of the current COA panel, I will answer the question.

First of all, let me say two things about this particular case:

1) The situation you describe is just a speculation for now. We do not yet know whether there will be a penalty or what the penalty may be. If there is one, we do not know whether the team will appeal either.

2) De Wit's team boss is Ernesto De Angelis, who is just one of the 3 members of the COA panel, which is also composed by Trayan Sarafov and myself. I'm sure I don't even need to say this, but Ernesto is a part of FSR since its very beginnings, and has always shown absolute transparency and honesty, and that is why WC teams trusted him the role in the COA elections. And while I'm about to say more than I should, both Ernesto and I voluntarily abstain from taking part in COA discussions and voting for cases involving NetRex and Faster Than Speed drivers respectively, despite having the right to do so, so there won't be any conflict of interests.

Now, leaving this particular case aside, the question might still be valid for a generic situation:

Should any team consider there was any legitimacy issues in any decision made by the Court of Appeal, the COA Statutes provides them a third-grade instance (the Assembly of Justice) where they can appeal COA's decision. So don't worry that the COA Statutes provide teams all the tools to make sure they get a fair judgement.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 110 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 39.9%