AC De Tomaso Pantera @ Watkins Glen - Wednesday 13 Nov 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cannot get on with this Pantera, I am convinced John has sneaked a Skippy chassis into the car.
Requires too much finesse for clumsy old me.
I will have a go in a much more user friendly Skoda.
So sadly bailing out Craig.
I think I would be a menace with this car on this track.
Funnily tried it first off line, got on with it okay, went onto the practice server and immediately became a doddery old git in it ???:O_o:

Thanks for letting me know :thumbsup:

Cannot get on with this Pantera, I am convinced John has sneaked a Skippy chassis into the car.
Requires too much finesse for clumsy old me.
I will have a go in a much more user friendly Skoda.
So sadly bailing out Craig.
I think I would be a menace with this car on this track.
Funnily tried it first off line, got on with it okay, went onto the practice server and immediately became a doddery old git in it ???:O_o:
Wish I could give you a great setup Ernie - I have tried a few but with no improvement - so I'm using standard apart from 1deg more front camber, lowered diff by 1 (to hit rev limiter at end of straight) and 29fr, 31rr tyre pressures.

The other night Patrick and I were on the server - we were both doing the same *times as you last night, so there's no way you'd be a menace - and I'll bet everyone has a fair few big offs:laugh:

The penny dropped for me when racing with AI which were braking much earlier. As soon as I copied the AI it brought another 1sec improvement and stopped the snap oversteer... mostly;)

Hope you reconsider mate:)

ps. I'm wondering if a tyre change might be needed in the race... [/thinks]

*lap times are now appearing on the ACC forums, hint hint:whistling:

Thanks for the moral support @Medilloni I have tried every setup imaginable, ( except the right one :laugh::laugh: )
I just cannot apply that throttle cleanly enough, had a good innings off line, I don’t know what my track conditions were , but on the server it just was impossible for me, it was just not fun, the worst part was the complete, for me, unpredictable nature of it.:mad:
On wards and upwards to the Skoda at brands.:)

Unfortunately I have no spare time for the Nordschleife Event next Wednesday, so this is my race to go for. So far I haven't driven one inch with this car but I heard it's gonna be a bit tail happy so I'll probably like it.

Wow this car is brutal but soooo much fun.Can peeps PM me there lap times:whistling::whistling::whistling:,just for observation purposes you understand:):laugh::p:p;)
I'll send you lap times Allan, if you send me a setup:p It is brutal though, a bit like.....
source.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 156 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline