De Tomaso Pantera Gr. 4 (GT4)

Cars De Tomaso Pantera Gr. 4 (GT4) 1.11

Login or Register an account to download this content
Lights don't illuminate the road with more recent CSP versions. 8(
It's the same issue as in the GTAM, due to changes in csp 245 and after.
For a temp fix, on 1971_pantera_group4\extension\ext_config.ini look for lines 523-533 and change to:
Code:
[EMISSIVE_LIGHT_0]       

NAME=reflectors                    ; headlight reflector

COLOR=20,18,9,30                ; originally 20,18,9,0.5, alt 1,0.8,0.4,600

SIMULATE_HEATING=0

ACT_AS_HEADLIGHTS=1

LAG=0.9
Alternatively, use COLOR=1,0.8,0.4,600 to match headlights cast color+glare to the previously cast light color, instead of current glare tone.
Screenshot_1971_pantera_group4_norisring_31-1-120-15-50-28.jpgScreenshot_1971_pantera_group4_norisring_31-1-120-15-50-36.jpgScreenshot_1971_pantera_group4_norisring_31-1-120-15-50-53.jpg
1.original; 2.glare color boosted for cast; 3.prev headlight color on cast+glare (alt)

Pessio, if you ever go back to this car, I'd kindly ask you to look into 3 details. Two of them are quick, and another is a PITA :redface:.
The lights thing above, the default cockpit camera pitch pointing too down (link), and if you find the time, at least a further lod C for those running a Gt4 3.0 rsr + pantera AI grid. Thanks for your consideration :thumbsup:.

Last edited:
Pessio, beware that the headlights issue wasn't sorted on the new config, so headlights cast will remain very dim at night (see some posts above). Also, please consider adjusting the default cockpit view so it doesn't have an uncomfortable -11 pitch (ON_BOARD_PITCH_ANGLE= for car.ini), but something more tamer like the Miura's ~-0,7 light tilt for its comparable position, so the driver isn't looking down.

I'm digging the new sound, there's not a sudden change in tone anymore at a certain rpm. :thumbsup:

PS: One detail that could be improved on the interior would be to not have cubemap reflections so strong on the dials glass, which can look strange when going over kerbs causing them to flash colors, or generally flicker while reflecting outside surroundings on a closed cockpit, etc. Some modders just use ksPerPixel on that, but ksppref can still be used if you tame it (see a3dr's cars like the 993, 512tr, diablo). This also goes for other mods of yours like the Minis, but it's more out of view on them. Thanks!

Edit: To complement it, the above can also apply for interior chrome, mostly when csp reflection fx fails to create proper interior masking.
The new physics update is very welcome, it's now more challenging to drive in a fitting way.

On the setup screen there's blank space in between 1st and 3rd gear ratios, with 2nd gear adjustments missing. Disregard if only one cog is available, of course. Yes, please disregard. Just confirmed that 2nd gear has the same ratio for the other cog set on its Gr4. homologation papers.

Last edited:
Pessio, beware that the headlights issue wasn't sorted on the new config, so headlights cast will remain very dim at night (see some posts above). Also, please consider adjusting the default cockpit view so it doesn't have an uncomfortable -11 pitch (ON_BOARD_PITCH_ANGLE= for car.ini), but something more tamer like the Miura's ~-0,7 light tilt for its comparable position, so the driver isn't looking down.

I'm digging the new sound, there's not a sudden change in tone anymore at a certain rpm. :thumbsup:

PS: One detail that could be improved on the interior would be to not have cubemap reflections so strong on the dials glass, which can look strange when going over kerbs causing them to flash colors, or generally flicker while reflecting outside surroundings on a closed cockpit, etc. Some modders just use ksPerPixel on that, but ksppref can still be used if you tame it (see a3dr's cars like the 993, 512tr, diablo). This also goes for other mods of yours like the Minis, but it's more out of view on them. Thanks!

Updated

Sorry, for I failed to notice that on this update you were using smGlass to replace shaders on everything with "glass" mat plus a higher FilmIOR, affecting the gauges glass other than just exterior windows, which contributed greatly to the issue above (very noticeable exterior reflection cubemap over gauges/flicker).

Still, if you ever wish to tackle this, bellow the current [Material Glass] section, you can add another with just the gauges glass meshes and specific properties for interior to cut on fresnel levels, so it overrides properties only for them (being parsed last). It'll also allow you to raise FilmIOR just for the glass outside.
Code:
[INCLUDE: common/materials_glass.ini]

[Material_Glass]
Materials = glass
FilmIOR = 1.8

[Material_Glass]
Meshes = gaugesglass
FilmIOR = 1.2 ; just an example
You can also filter them out by using Meshes = glass? instead for the original section (or just glass_002 if there isn't anyting else outside), so gaugues will return to your previous ksppref where that efect is tamer than under the raised smGlass filmIOR for this car.

Cheers

Last edited:
That's because L/R items for both axes are overlapped with same X position.
If you adjust them on the setup gui, it'll affect L+R equally (not just RF or RR on each axle). So, for now, don't worry about ending with an asymmetric adjustment. You can confirm it under the setup debug dev app (rod length).

Last edited:
AC's not very good about letting us rename the sliders in the ini files, so when we combine adjustment functions like this we end up with wonky names for things. I've never been able to work around it, so have just sort of accepted it.

Just a heads up, on recent csp versions you'll see the interior instrument emissives too strong (not obeying the tamer data\lights.ini values) because the interior is missing the cockpit_hr node. That can cause those emissives to be manipulated by weather fx, etc, in ways they shouldn't.

Last edited:
Hi, I would like to use your mod in a potential event me and a friend are planning to run, however the amount of horsepower isn't balanced with the other cars we are using, and I need to modify the torque curve as such, would you mind if I upload a modified version of your car for this event with lowered horsepower? I will express credit to you as the mod author and whatever else you require, thank you.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.3%