DD2 Fan at 100% / DD2 Cannot be turned off

Hi everyone,

I had my DD2 running really well with the Formula V2 wheel and the Podium Endurance module until yesterday. Suddenly the Fanalab app frozen. I had to re-start the computer. After that Fanalab would not run. It would show the splash screen and then closes. I tried uninstalling and installing it again and it did not work. Then I uninstalled Fanatec driver. Here is where the problem started:

I followed the instructions from the Forum (https://forum.fanatec.com/discussio...kage-v1-2-incl-instructions-only-podium-dd/p1). After installing the Driver 356, the fan went to 100% (as described at the instructions), it stopped after I installed firmware 670. At this point the base is no longer showing in the driver update software and unfortunately the base cannot be turned off. I had to use the emergency stop button to turn it off. Turning the base again, it does get recognized but the fan is back at 100%.

I installed Driver 365 as well. Which prompted me to install Firmware 672. I also updated the motor (38) and did the calibration without the wheel as recommended. Still the same problem: either the fan is running at 100% or the DD base seems to be frozen/unresponsive and cannot be turned off.

Fanalab 1.24 beta was again installed. It now opens and it recognizes the base and wheel.

I have the Formula V2 wheel running firmware 34 and the Porsche Podium endurance module running Steering Wheel Firmware (11) and Hub Firmware (2).

I have turned off all anti-virus but still the same problem. I uninstalled all drives, deleted hidden files and anything named Fanatec, restarted Windows before installing all over again and same problem. When I tried to install the Driver 356 again, the DD base gets recognized, fan at 100% and when I try to get the properties to do the "function test"I get the following error message: "There is a problem setting up the wheel control panel, please reconnect the device and try again".

I wonder if anyone here had similar experience and how it got solved. I have emailed Fanatec and posted on their forum, but I am afraid not a lot of ppl post/read that from. I am hoping the sim community can help.

Raf

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back