Resource icon

Sounds DD Sound Pack - Honda type-r K20A sound added 0.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
Dreaddarven submitted a new resource:

DD Sound Pack - Realistic sounds for a diverse range of engines, currently VR5, VR5 Turbo

This soundpack will eventually include the following engines and maybe alot more in the future:

VAG VR5 (Version 0.1)
VAG VR5 Turbo (Version 0.1)
VAG 1.8t
VAG 2.0t
Peugeot 206 GTI / 206 RC
Honda K20A
Honda B18C-R

Current version 0.1:

VAG VR5:
Sound is from my own VW Golf 4 GTI VR5 20V 170hp
This is the reason i started with sound editing, to have my own engine in-game and because allot of mod sounds are currently not working.

VAG VR5 Turbo:
Used a more aggressive sound, not...

Read more about this resource...

Which car are you giving a new sound? You should place the .bank and guids in the sfx folder of the car you want to add the sounds to. The .bank should be renamed to the same name as the car folder and the name in the guids.

So far, I've just installed the Honda Type R ones and the Supra one. I really like them save for the Kunos tyre sounds, replace those with proper samples like Fonsecker and Modek have done and these will be winners. I don't know what you do with the engine mix, but, the sound always seems to come from the right place in the car. I drive in chase view and the sound of the engine in the car is coming from exactly where I'd expect it to if I was following the car in a camera vehicle. It's a great touch and it really makes the engine sound real.

I think i use the same way of mixing exterior as fonsecker, only difference is i dont have different sounds for far and near because these are normal cars and not race cars.

Hi, first of all, thanks for this package. :thumbsup:

Just tried your GTI TFSI sound, and the only issue I'm having with it is that when following/drafting AI cars up close at speed (>170km/h), the wind noise will distort and cause crackle, specially when changing lanes very near the car in front. Doesn't happen when alone, but only with a grid of AI cars -- it should be easy to reproduce in Road America. Cutting wind noise on the audio app (from default 4/10), or removing the event:/cars/<carfolder>/wind guid sorts it, so it seems related to that sample.
In all fairness, I've noticed this particular issue in some other custom sound mods, so it be might something that only shows on that usage condition and not when driving alone.

Cheers

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 366 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%