DCS World - Simulation of a Different Kind

Okay, not strictly a racing game, but certainly a simulation with some incredible new visuals. Have been heavily immersed in Digital Combat Simulator for a few months and loving it. A new update bringing dramatic new atmospheric improvements - in particular brand new complex clouds - means cloud surfing is as much fun as a mission. Here in the Hornet flying through a squall into the freedom above!

DCS is certainly a good sim, especially since it caters to chopper enthusiasts as well as fixed wing. The reason I got into it at all was to fly the Huey, though I've expanded my collection since then to include the Black Shark (chopper), Harrier and Mirage. Looking forward to the Hind which is coming soon. (In EA)

v2.7 still has some way to go though. I've seen the pictures and videos of how good it can look in the right circumstances, but it has many issues. Top of the list for me is that the graphical updates, especially clouds, look absolutely horrific in VR. A shame, but that's the point in 2.7 being in open beta. They'll fix it eventually.

Yes, the clouds look less good in VR for sure, but not as bad as some have made out. This week I just got my first VR unit - a Reverb G2 - and have to say it is sensational. Will never go back to pancake mode again! Looking forward to the graphical improvements of course.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back