DB9 @ the Nordschleife: setup help!

Tim Ling

It's a million-to-1 chance, but it just might work
to start I must stay I have read the setup guide...however, I have no idea how to start deciding what I need to do.

I've been trying to race a DB9 round the Nordschleif, but I found 2 problems:

1) Some understeer on fast corners

2) massive oversteer when accelerating out of slow corners...or even when accelerating down a straight after falling off the track again.

As the guide suggested, I tried adjusting the tyre pressures, especially as they front temps seemed low. I increased the pressure by 10....whatever they are:sorry: to seemingly no effect.

As I'm waiting a while longer to be able to become a trialist, I don't think I can join TS to ask questions there, so please help me here! :grouphug:

Hi Tim,

Few setup notes:

To reduce understeer in fast corners you can reduce rear wing, also you can soften the front anti roll bars and stiffen the rear anti roll bars.
To reduce oversteer under throttle you can lower the lock setting of the differential, this will make the car less twitchy under throttle.
If this doesn't help enough you can always take slow corners one gear higher,
so instead of taking it in second, try taking it in third. This way the torque is applied much more smoothly.....

Hope this helps,

Greets Marcel

Differential [FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Differential settings can be adjusted for Power (Lock), Coast and Preload. A differential controls your wheels in corners. In corners the inner wheels rotate slower than the outside wheels. The differential settings can be changed to distribute the amount of torque to the wheels (Fwd or Rwd) for traction and speed.
Differential Power (Lock) means the amount of force (as percentage) used to lock the inside and outside tires together when accelerating mostly when exiting a corner.
If your car under steers (FWD cars) of over steers (RWD cars) you must decrease the power (lock).
If you have no good acceleration when exiting corners, try increasing it. Try to balance it.
Coast means the amount of force (percentage) is used to lock the inside and outside tires together when off of the throttle, as when entering a corner (braking). If your car is stable while braking and slightly under steer while lift off the throttle, try to decrease the coast. If you experience unstable braking and over steer while lift off the throttle, try to increase the coast. Again find a good balance. With the Pre-Load setting you can adjust the amount of lock built in before acceleration/deceleration effects take place, mostly when you are in a neutral throttle position (holding speed). If the car has a bad transition from braking-acceleration try to decrease the preload. If the car is not responsive enough from braking-acceleration try to increase preload. A good differential setup greatly improves your car balance when exiting/braking corners and on/off throttle situations. Tip: As with all the setup options only change one setting at a time, because it can affect the other. :focus:
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

• Chad711

Increase Lock , to decrease the wheelspin when accelerating.
Decrease rear slow bump to get more traction when accelerating.

Decrease front rollbar, to decrease understeer.

hope it helps :D

Increasing the lock? Do you mean decrease it? You are talking about the differential right? Now I'm confused! Marcel mentioned lowering it!?!?

I'm bad enough at tuning, I don't need confusion too!! LOL :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 310 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years