Daytona Milton Keynes Kart Track

Tracks Daytona Milton Keynes Kart Track 0.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
carlahearne80 submitted a new resource:

Daytona Milton Keynes Kart Track - Daytona Milton Keynes Go-kart Circuit

Hey guys, as someone who likes to go karting and a fan of Assetto Corsa, I decided to model my local Kart track, Daytona Milton Keynes.

This is my first mod; I have taught myself Blender and I already used Photoshop a bit but learning to use the KSEditor and how to get the models in was a struggle at first...

Eventually, I figured out most things and here is what we have so far. It's not really 100% finished hence the version 0.1 as there is still a lot left for me to learn such as...

Read more about this resource...

Looks like a good first effort, and I'll test it when I get a chance.

A suggestion to make it easier for others to install your track. Instead of placing it in a zip with no additional folder structure, I recommend, at the least having a folder inside the zip with the correct track name, and the correct contents inside it. The better option is to start with a folder structure that starts with assettocorsa or content, and the internal folders match the structure of AC's content structure. Example, assettocorsa>content>tracks>DaytonaMK. I also think it's better for the folder name to match the name of the primary KN5 of the track. I'm not sure it's mandatory or required to prevent problems, but it's the usual practice.

I also think there's something about keeping everything lower case, as any uppercase letters may cause issues with recording lap times or something. I can't remember at this moment if this applies to only tracks or cars, or both.

Keep at it. It's fun to learn how to do this, and more fun to test out the results.

Last edited:
I've done a billion laps of this place so I can't wait to give that a try, Someone else took a punt at it but his first version was a bit weird in terms of some of the "furniture" and I think he's abandoned it. This from the blender shot looks spot on.

Fancy a crack at Sandown? ;)

I've done a billion laps of this place so I can't wait to give that a try, Someone else took a punt at it but his first version was a bit weird in terms of some of the "furniture" and I think he's abandoned it. This from the blender shot looks spot on.

Fancy a crack at Sandown? ;)
Maybe if I get enough interest and maybe a few tips in the donation pot ;)

The other version of Daytona Milton Keynes is what made me want to learn to make my own; it was nice that someone made a start but it needed a lot of work and the author gave up...

I'll look into Sandown Park and gather some reference material :)

Looks like a good first effort, and I'll test it when I get a chance.

A suggestion to make it easier for others to install your track. Instead of placing it in a zip with no additional folder structure, I recommend, at the least having a folder inside the zip with the correct track name, and the correct contents inside it. The better option is to start with a folder structure that starts with assettocorsa or content, and the internal folders match the structure of AC's content structure. Example, assettocorsa>content>tracks>DaytonaMK. I also think it's better for the folder name to match the name of the primary KN5 of the track. I'm not sure it's mandatory or required to prevent problems, but it's the usual practice.

I also think there's something about keeping everything lower case, as any uppercase letters may cause issues with recording lap times or something. I can't remember at this moment if this applies to only tracks or cars, or both.

Keep at it. It's fun to learn how to do this, and more fun to test out the results.
I'll keep those tips in mind about naming etc. This is my first attempt and there is a lot to take in regarding names, folder structures so hopefully I can make some small changes to make things better :) I'd love to know more about AI lines, creating cameras, making lights so it works at night etc...

So I did a few laps and was 3-4 seconds off my actual times at the track but most of that is the 390cc karts in AC understeer like absolute cows compared to Daytona's fleet. It's a wonderful recreation though, especially in VR.

I did have one question though, you've got more tyre barriers in than last I was there, it's generally a thing to really use the concrete on the inside of 2 and 8 for instance and you've blocked that off. A decision on your part or a change they've made in the couple of years since I've managed to go to the track?

Last edited:
So I did a few laps and was 3-4 seconds off my actual times at the track but most of that is the 390cc karts in AC understeer like absolute cows compared to Daytona's fleet. It's a wonderful recreation though, especially in VR.

I did have one question though, you've got more tyre barriers in than last I was there, it's generally a thing to really use the concrete on the inside of 2 and 8 for instance and you've blocked that off. A decision on your part or a change they've made in the couple of years since I've managed to go to the track?
Thanks for taking the time to have a look; it's great to get some feedback on my first effort. The Tyre barriers are based on what was on the circuit toward the end of this year based on photos and videos that I could find and what I can remember from driving there a handful of times this year. A marshall that works at the track contacted me on here and said they've made a few small changes and he'll try to help me out with getting everything based on the most up to date info :)

I am with you on the understear thing; I race once a month at Daytona so I can agree that the real karts turn much better than any of the in game ones...

Really promising track! A few people have already commented on folder structure, which is good to see. The track has a lot of potential, can't wait to see more polished versions.

I have some experience with go karting AI files, camera sets and so on. Feel free to DM me if you need any help for those elements

That's great! Good job. Are you planning to make also the Daytona Sandown park?
It would be fantastic
Daytona MK was my first effort, so I have a few things to fix as I've learned a lot in the last few weeks and I can do a lot to make it even better.

I've just made a start on Sandown Park and hopefully I'll have something to share within the next few weeks...

Attachments

• Progress01.jpg
    Progress01.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 121
Carl Ahearne updated Daytona Milton Keynes Kart Track with a new update entry:

Daytona Milton Keynes Update

A few small updates:

1. Added AI line and 24 pit boxes so you should now be able to race. AI isn't great and they seem to crash a lot so I'll keep on working on that...
  2. Cameras added. Basic cameras for replay mode. A little rough and ready but will update when I get some time.
  3. Added a few bits of furniture such as the strobe/warning lights around the track and a few marshal; boxes.
  4. Updated a few of the textures such as the road surface based on learning from my other...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Carl Ahearne updated Daytona Milton Keynes Kart Track with a new update entry:

Patreon Support

Hey guys, if you're seeing this message it's because you've probably already supported me by downloading the track I've made. If you'd like to go one step further, I'm launching a Patreon which will allow me to focus more of my time on creating great AC content for you to enjoy. Any support will be hugely appreciated :)

Read the rest of this update entry...

Love this track. My son races there at InKart and its pretty accurate I'm impressed. I'd love it if we could have a version for the national circuit. If I had any idea what I was doing I'd try and help give that option but I don't know the very first thing about creating/modifying tracks.

My biggest issue is the karts I've found in AC are all too quick. In cadets and juniors you can take turns 2/3 and turn 9 flat in the real world. I tried in AC and simulated killing myself head on into the barriers at the exit :).

Great for a bit a laugh though thanks for doing it!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 208 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 265 13.6%