Daytona 24 Hours live

And for those in the USA, we're stuck with NBC's crappy racing coverage. Race is only 30-mins in and I've already dealt with 5 commercial breaks. Hopefully enough people are pissed off they lose this coverage as well, like F1 after the 2017 season. Even their website is showing the commercials and I get no extra camera angles. I miss Fox's coverage already...

My sister took this pic today......
ium19w2.jpg

I'm enjoying the race but can someone explain to me why are we getting "Nascar this" "Nascar that" getting shoved down our throats during a Sportscar Race??? Where the heck is David Hobbs, Steve Matchett, Bob Varsha? I'd much rather see them in the pit box.

I'm enjoying the race but can someone explain to me why are we getting "Nascar this" "Nascar that" getting shoved down our throats during a Sportscar Race??? Where the heck is David Hobbs, Steve Matchett, Bob Varsha? I'd much rather see them in the pit box.
The French family owns / operates NASCAR, IMSA, and Daytona (among other tracks). So if you're watching the coverage on NBCSN, they (French family, etc.) want to make sure you know NASCAR's Daytona 500 starts in about 3-weeks. Genius marketing, just sucks for the consumer. Exactly why I'm not watching the coverage on NBCSN...

Been watching this covert IMSA feed on twitch since race start (for some reason the official IMSA stream isn't working for me): https://www.twitch.tv/AE_Racer

Woke up to this red flag due to rain, but glad to see Alonso retook the lead after their team fell behind last night; I wasn't watching F1 during the glory days of Alonso, but every time he jumps in the car this race he takes the lead...amazing). This is the first endurance race I've followed pretty much all the way through...I always thought after a lot of time had passed they would be separated by laps but lots of teams are on the lead lap for their class (sucks for the Mazda team though, they were doing very well before they broke down)...very intense racing all the way, I could get used to this. :D

The French family owns / operates NASCAR, IMSA, and Daytona (among other tracks). So if you're watching the coverage on NBCSN, they (French family, etc.) want to make sure you know NASCAR's Daytona 500 starts in about 3-weeks. Genius marketing, just sucks for the consumer. Exactly why I'm not watching the coverage on NBCSN...
so what channel/stream are you watching the coverage?

Been watching this covert IMSA feed on twitch since race start (for some reason the official IMSA stream isn't working for me): https://www.twitch.tv/AE_Racer

Woke up to this red flag due to rain, but glad to see Alonso retook the lead after their team fell behind last night; I wasn't watching F1 during the glory days of Alonso, but every time he jumps in the car this race he takes the lead...amazing). This is the first endurance race I've followed pretty much all the way through...I always thought after a lot of time had passed they would be separated by laps but lots of teams are on the lead lap for their class (sucks for the Mazda team though, they were doing very well before they broke down)...very intense racing all the way, I could get used to this. :D
Thanks for that link, I am a fan of NBCSN with diffy, calvin, pt, bell etc but not with the Nascar noobs on the broadcast commentating and in the pits always asking how things work and comparing this and that with their sport.
Zanardi is an inspiration!

imsatv doesn't like adblocker if you're an international viewer having trouble

I realised that this morning lol...however, watching the IMSA broadcast with the commentators seems to still be restricted (doesn't load)...all the car cameras load though, so I'm using the twitch stream for the commentators and watching the #10 car on IMSA.

I'm curious as to what everyone thinks about racing in these conditions? I just saw the Weather Tech Ferrari take a big hit. It looked like racing at 100 mph in the fog. Helio Castroneves said there was standing water across the entire track in places and hydroplaning was an issue. I've also seen comments saying that they should go ahead and race anyway. Comments?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back