rF2 Datsun Bluebird L20B @ Mid Ohio - Thu 19 Dec 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Denis Betty

The older I get, the better I was.
Staff
Premium
Bluebird L20B@Mid Ohio.jpg

Welcome to the rFactor2 racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help then don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us: Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information

Racing Club Rules: Click here
Server and Teamspeak Password: Click here
Teamspeak Installation Guide: Click here
Incident Reporting: Click here

We highly recommend that you join us on TeamSpeak, and that you use an app called Crew Chief. It's an audio spotter that tells you when cars are alongside, greatly increasing your awareness and reducing unnecessary incidents. You can download it here.

Server Name:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM DATSUN
Car: Datsun Bluebird SSS L20B (Steam)
Track: Mid Ohio Virtua_LM (Steam / Download)
Layout: Full Layout with Chicane

Schedule: (EU)Thursday 19/12/19
Practice: 20:00 UTC (20 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:20 UTC (10 minutes)
Warm Up: 20:30 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 1: 20:35 UTC (25 minutes)

Warm Up: 21:00 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 2: 21:05 UTC (25 minutes)

Entry List - 20 slots
  1. Craig Dunkley
  2. newbert
  3. tim80810
  4. Victor Jimenez
  5. Jack Smith
  6. Daniel R.
  7. pattikins
  8. knemo1972
  9. PurgerUK
  10. avenger82
  11. Sando
  12. max1966i
  13. Andrei Muscala
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot

Reserve list
  1. Reserve
  2. Reserve
UTP#44

SERVER IS UP!

Last edited by a moderator:
A message to all Drivers

If you run off track, you have to check and see that its clear before you re-enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.
When entering the track from the pits stay off the racing line until you are up to speed and do not race on your out lap. Let other drivers by in qualifying.
On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car. Remember, you've made the mistake by going off so let them by cleanly.

Golden Rule
  1. Be 100% sure it's not your fault and just carry on like nothing happened and take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Play on the safe side and wait for the affected drivers, knowing 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a complete lift of the gas please if it is safe to do so.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in teamspeak. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium member.

FWIW - I can't get the car mod to install automatically by simply logging onto the server. (This has always worked before and is something that I really like about rF2.) I get a message to try manual installation instead.

It's getting late here right now so I'll try that tomorrow. But can you remind me where exactly the file(s) go, once downloaded?

If I can get it installed, please count me in, Denis.

BTW - I had to skip today's race due to a Xmas party.... :(

Thanks!

FWIW - I can't get the car mod to install automatically by simply logging onto the server. (This has always worked before and is something that I really like about rF2.) I get a message to try manual installation instead.

It's getting late here right now so I'll try that tomorrow. But can you remind me where exactly the file(s) go, once downloaded?

If I can get it installed, please count me in, Denis.

BTW - I had to skip today's race due to a Xmas party.... :(

Thanks!
OK thanks for the heads up Bert.
I'll try to fix it later, but there is a problem with the mod. Only one skin shows up in online play. I think that possibly the Getmod not working is related to this. The easiest solution, is to subscribe to the Datsun Bluebird SSS in Steam. That way, you'll download the mod automatically when you open Steam. :)

Last edited:
I can't get the car mod to install automatically by simply logging onto the server.
The easiest solution, is to subscribe to the Datsun Bluebird SSS in Steam. That way, you'll download the mod automatically when you open Steam.
Yep, I've had a look and I can't fix it. Still only one skin and still the GetMod service doesn't work. I've contacted the mod creators and they agree that there may be a problem with the mod. It seems to work if I subscribe through Steam. Could I get confirmation of this from as many people as possible please? There's plenty of time to change the combo if necessary.

Yep, I've had a look and I can't fix it. Still only one skin and still the GetMod service doesn't work. I've contacted the mod creators and they agree that there may be a problem with the mod. It seems to work if I subscribe through Steam. Could I get confirmation of this from as many people as possible please? There's plenty of time to change the combo if necessary.
I was able to get onto the server earlier today.

I installed the mod by subscribing to it thru Steam

However, this car seems a bit wacky to me, based upon my relative inexperience, of course. It defaulted into automatically upshifting. I changed that in settings but it times it still seemed to have a mind of its own with the gearing. For example, revving so high that I blew the engine within 2 laps! - I've never seen that happen before. But what do I know? -- Maybe that's how its supposed to be. :D

I'll give it another go later today and will report back if it continues to act weird for me.

However, this car seems a bit wacky to me, based upon my relative inexperience, of course. It defaulted into automatically upshifting. I changed that in settings but it times it still seemed to have a mind of its own with the gearing. For example, revving so high that I blew the engine within 2 laps! - I've never seen that happen before. But what do I know? -- Maybe that's how its supposed to be. :D

I'll give it another go later today and will report back if it continues to act weird for me.
Just check that auto shifting is off (one of the funcion keys by default). It shouldn't change by itself and has been fine for me, but we'll keep an eye on it. Blown engines are deliberate yes. It's from the early 70's so no rev limiter. ;)

Just check that auto shifting is off (one of the funcion keys by default). It shouldn't change by itself and has been fine for me, but we'll keep an eye on it. Blown engines are deliberate yes. It's from the early 70's so no rev limiter. ;)
Is this car similar to other Bluebird? Low shifts for fuel consumption.

The HistorX Club has no rev limiter mate. :cool:

This is the first car that I've seen where I actually occasionally miss upshifts even though I use a sequential (paddle) shifters. For example, when upshifting from 3rd to 4th, it occasionally stays in 3rd but the dash shows 4th. FWIW - This happens on the server. - I have not tried it offline yet.

Is this sort of behavior normal for this car? Is it due to the fact that it has no rev limiter? Or do I have something set wrong somewhere? I'm already slow on my own - I don't need shifting problems to slow me down even more! :roflmao:

Thanks,
Bert

This is the first car that I've seen where I actually occasionally miss upshifts even though I use a sequential (paddle) shifters. For example, when upshifting from 3rd to 4th, it occasionally stays in 3rd but the dash shows 4th. FWIW - This happens on the server. - I have not tried it offline yet.

Is this sort of behavior normal for this car? Is it due to the fact that it has no rev limiter? Or do I have something set wrong somewhere? I'm already slow on my own - I don't need shifting problems to slow me down even more! :roflmao:

Thanks,
Bert
There is a new feature on this version of the Bluebird. You have to lift off the gas completely during upshift.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 130 13.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 101 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 67 6.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 137 13.9%