rF2 Datsun B110 Coupe @ Anglesey - Thu 16 Jul 2020

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
@Denis Betty
Sign me up as an maybe this time :)

It would be a shame to miss it now we are driving something else than those friggin open wheelers :p
But i am working some late evenings this week so i dont know yet if i will make it. :)
If you can make it, that would be great. Even if you can just make R2, fell free to come into the server between the races. Would be good to see you. :)

@Denis Betty ... going to have to pass on this one... will be working on boat with the helper who knows more than me with this issue on chain plate replacements.

Noticed the damage worst than I had thought when trying to repair the G27. A crack runs completely across the bottom case.... image #3. Thinking about buying a lower case on the internet ... from China for 83 CDN ...free shipping. Any ideas? $83 is expensive but much cheaper than a whole system.

1.jpg
2.jpg
IMG_20200715_221716.jpg

@Denis Betty ... going to have to pass on this one... will be working on boat with the helper who knows more than me with this issue on chain plate replacements.

Noticed the damage worst than I had thought when trying to repair the G27. A crack runs completely across the bottom case.... image #3. Thinking about buying a lower case on the internet ... from China for 83 CDN ...free shipping. Any ideas? $83 is expensive but much cheaper than a whole system.

View attachment 389031View attachment 389032View attachment 389033
Buying stuff from China is very hit and miss atm. It can take months and sometimes just doesn't show up. In the UK we also have to pay import duty and VAT. I was gonna say look for a used wheel first buddy. That way you'd have plenty of spares. However, they were selling for around 100 quid in the UK a year ago, but they are going for around 170 now???? I have one in the attic, barely used. Time for me to sell it I guess.

Jack you could fix it and have it break down again. Maybe look for a broken wheel for sale - spares/repairs. Put a wanted add in the Marketplace forum on RD. Failing that, I'd bite the bullet and buy a new wheel mate. At least you'd be covered.

Hope you get something sorted buddy.

Buying stuff from China is very hit and miss atm. It can take months and sometimes just doesn't show up. In the UK we also have to pay import duty and VAT. I was gonna say look for a used wheel first buddy. That way you'd have plenty of spares. However, they were selling for around 100 quid in the UK a year ago, but they are going for around 170 now???? I have one in the attic, barely used. Time for me to sell it I guess.

Jack you could fix it and have it break down again. Maybe look for a broken wheel for sale - spares/repairs. Put a wanted add in the Marketplace forum on RD. Failing that, I'd bite the bullet and buy a new wheel mate. At least you'd be covered.

Hope you get something sorted buddy.

@Jack Smith it will be hard to get the housing bottom as a spare part.
First, look for a used Thrustmaster T300. I´m really happy with it.
But prices are very high currently (also or even more for used stuff). So maybe, even if sad, wait a little till the corona-hype in sim racing is over! Prices may drop then....

View attachment 389031View attachment 389032View attachment 389033

Wouldn't it help if you glue a wooden plate under it?
Just to be able to use it until there is a new one.
So let's say plywood thinkness5mm with the shape of the bottom... Get some 2 component glue and glue the plywood plate under it...

Wouldn't it help if you glue a wooden plate under it?
Just to be able to use it until there is a new one.
So let's say plywood thinkness5mm with the shape of the bottom... Get some 2 component glue and glue the plywood plate under it...
Still gotta clamp it, but that might still be ok. I once broke my clamps, so I had it held down firmly than ever with cable ties. This only worked because it was on my rig, you couldn't do it on a desk.

The plywood is something worth considering. I would stick it with Gripfill or similar from a Hardware/home improvement store. If you do that, it'll never, ever, ever come off. :roflmao:

Still gotta clamp it, but that might still be ok. I once broke my clamps, so I had it held down firmly than ever with cable ties. This only worked because it was on my rig, you couldn't do it on a desk.

The plywood is something worth considering. I would stick it with Gripfill or similar from a Hardware/home improvement store. If you do that, it'll never, ever, ever come off. :roflmao:

Of course you have to still clamp it...i mean glueing a plywood plate to the area where the base has contact with the table. Just as a quick and dirty solution to still be able to use the wheel...clamped to the desk

You don't have to glue, just use the hardmounting bolts. They go directly into the metal inside the case. Hardmount the wheel to a wooden board, and then use C clamps to clamp the whole thing to the table.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 310 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.5%