rF2 Datsun 510/Bluebird @ NJMP - Lightning - Thu 31 Oct 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
@kamackeris Yeah, there were two cars stopped on the grid in the first race, and one in the second one, right in front of me. I managed to go around, but apologies if I made things more difficult for anyone behind me :(

But great fun otherwise, love those cars. Even though I ran out of fuel on the first one, but then again I managed to snatch a podium in the second one by being a bit more tactical with the fuel ;)

Also, hope my special livery was showing ;)

i-nNJkr9R-O.png

Thanks for the race!

Denis - Thanks for hosting this today. Great selection of car and track, IMO.

Had to leave in the middle of race #2. We in the US have not moved our clocks back yet, so it was 1 hour later than I realized - and time for DINNER. ;) So, when I went off track, and my stomach started to rumble.... my thoughts went to FOOD.

As I said, I will probably miss Race#1 next week, but hope to make it to Race#2. I need to decide whether to continue racing with you guys in VR or go to single-screen. Single screen would at least allow me to identify whose in which car while racing. But, unfortunately my microphone is built into my VR headset, so my choice is a) VR and communicate, but can't identify drivers or b) single screen and no communication, but identify drivers. Tough choice.

Thanks again!

@kamackeris Yeah, there were two cars stopped on the grid in the first race, and one in the second one, right in front of me. I managed to go around, but apologies if I made things more difficult for anyone behind me :(

But great fun otherwise, love those cars. Even though I ran out of fuel on the first one, but then again I managed to snatch a podium in the second one by being a bit more tactical with the fuel ;)

Also, hope my special livery was showing ;)

i-nNJkr9R-O.png

Thanks for the race!
yes @Martin Fiala I was the stationary car of the 2 races, I didn't know what a problem there was with the clutch that stopped the car and I couldn't start it quickly, sorry! Is my first race in Rfactor2 and the truth that I have enjoyed as a baby! Very good race, cars, track, and good drivers, and lots of fun,
See you at the next race! GASSSSS!:thumbsup:

@newbert

In VR just bind a button to "toggle hud".
Than you can switch through the Hud located on the right bottom corner. There is a "relative time one" where you can see who is in front and behind.

Or have a look for a different hud itself that features this.

@newbert

In VR just bind a button to "toggle hud".
Than you can switch through the Hud located on the right bottom corner. There is a "relative time one" where you can see who is in front and behind.

Or have a look for a different hud itself that features this.
I could well be looking in the wrong place, Daniel, so please bear with me.

All I see to "toggle" is under Controls>Display. There are 4 options there - Toggle HUD Stats, Toggle HUD Tach, Toggle HUD MFD, and Toggle HUD Overlays. None of these display driver names. The only one that comes close is HUD Stats which show numbers (not names) moving along a bar, indicating the current standings.

Toggling "Tab" does indeed show driver names, but not in VR.

Am I missing something, or where might I find a "different HUD"?

Thanks again!

I think it's toggle HUD MFD. By default this should be one of the number keys - 6 or something but not on numpad. Then you should assign a button to cycle through the HUD pages - tyre temps, sector times, etc. One of those pages is real time gaps to the guys in front and behind you with names. You can also assign further commands to adjust which names/how the names are displayed (usually on D-pad by default I think.... if you have a D-pad that is) - wrap around and something else. You can also scroll up and down the list of names manually.... if you dabble in the black arts at weekends.

I think it's toggle HUD MFD. By default this should be one of the number keys - 6 or something but not on numpad. Then you should assign a button to cycle through the HUD pages - tyre temps, sector times, etc. One of those pages is real time gaps to the guys in front and behind you with names. You can also assign further commands to adjust which names/how the names are displayed (usually on D-pad by default I think.... if you have a D-pad that is) - wrap around and something else. You can also scroll up and down the list of names manually.... if you dabble in the black arts at weekends.

Thanks, Denis. I'll give that a try later today.

But how/where do I assign the button to cycle thru the HUD pages after I invoke "HUD MFD"?

Thanks again!

Finally have it sorted, Daniel and Denis, - Thanks. Although the info I want is onscreen, it is w-a-y down in the lower right corner in VR, making it a bit hard to read. I wish that it could be more centered, but beggars can't be choosy.

At least now I can see who's about to lap me! :roflmao:

So - do we have car and circuit selected for next week yet? - I need the practice!

Bert

I'll take another look at the track now.
Sorry for the delay, I can't seem to find time to scratch my backside lately.

So - do we have car and circuit selected for next week yet? - I need the practice!
The server is up.
BMW 2002ti @ Imola '72.
The track is part of the Reiza pack or can be bought as part of the track pack or individually.
The pack and it's seperate components are on sale atm. Not giving it the hard sell for S397 or Reiza, just for your information. NOT TRUE, my mistake, sorry.
I'll get the event thread up now, before a fall asleep from exhaustion - late night and early start.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back