F1 2012 Database

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Has anyone been able to open the database at all?

Will a new tool by Ryder be required do you think? Ryder's F12011 database editor gives the error 'file failed to convert'

Regards

about the flash backs, it works you do it like this:
1) go into the game set the difficulty to anything but custom, then go out the game edit the database whichever difficulty you game is set to, when you get back into the game dont change anything in the difficulty screen, just race. worked for me.

you can also set your other settings in the db if you want a custom difficulty but make sure the game is set to a selected level that you are editing,

Hey guys how can i make the cars faster in acceleration?i tried increasing all the bhp values in "ai engine power per tier" but it seems useless, so i increased the bhp for every engine in "engine manufacturer" and in race all the other cars are clearly faster in acceleration, but that's the point, just the ai cars are faster, the car i drive has exactly the same acceleration as before.. :S help please

• Deleted member 137812

How do I turn up the AI's aggresiveness instead of making them quicker? So ai on pro level but aggresiveness from legend

EDIT: As going through the database i see they made karthikeyen 0.1 haha thats so bad

I play F1 2011 with the newest Database Editor. When I am trying to rename a driver, e.g. Vettel to Senna, the name isn't changed in the game, just in the database.bin. When I'm starting the game, the name ist changed to &, the name I changed is written into the birthday field. What am I doing wrong. I need hints and tipps. Would someone please write a guide for me? Thx a lot.

Don't change the file_name_string_id columns in the databse. These fields refer to the language file.

so when it says Webber in the column, it means go to the language file, and in the LNG_Key column find db_Webber and edit the value in the LNG_Value column. Get the editor from the same website as the database editor.

So, i have done what you tell me in your last post , and the driver Mark Webber now have the Name Mark Prost :) , but this don`t help me much , because i want to drive against the Drivers from the 80`s like Prost,Piquet, Senna,Lauda,Rosberg....
So i must rename all Original Game drivers e.g Vettel rename in Senna , Hamilton rename in Rosberg , Alonso rename in Piquet ....
In Grand Prix 2 and 4 i have played with my own Driver names , how can i make this in F1 2011?
Sorry for my bad englisch but my last lesson is 22 years ago..
Thx a lot

Just keep renaming all the drivers in the language files. Also, in the database edtior you can change the nationalities of all the drivers.

1. Open the f1drivers table
2. In the menu select Advance -> Open Linked Tables
3. In nationality tab, find the id of the nationality you want to use.
4. Go back to the f1drivers table and for a driver type in the id in the nationality_id column.

So now you'll have new driver names and nationalities. You can also edit the skills of the individual drivers in the ai_drivers table.

Maybe i made i mistake , but if i go into the language file and change the name Schumacher to Prost and save the language file and then go into the database and change the nationality e.g Schumachers nationality id to the france id it will have only the effect that Schumacher drives for france but the name Schumacher is still there.

@Ryder : Now , it works , thank you very much.Now i have another question: If i want add another engine manufacturer , can i use by at another empty row and fill it with the data i want to use e.g. Ligier Matra with 600 horse powers?

I have found the answer by myself , but now i have another question:Where can i reduce the horsepower of my own car , because all my opponents are much slower than my car because i have set their horsepower between 450 and 500 hp.

5partan5niper2212 In the database either edit ai_power_per_tier (or something like that) for the red bull team id, or in ai_driver, edit both Vettel and Webber's skill. The first option changes the bhp of the Redbull car for the AI.

@.CitroenC5 You'll have to edit the ctf files for the car you're driving. Use the ctf editor and edit the files in the folder f1 2012/cars/xx2/track. Change engine_power_scale or something like that.

The scale should be based on the team bhp in the database(look at f1teams). So for example Rebull is 750 and you want it to 450 so you do: 450/750, and you put this number in that ctf file.

I think i have found the file if it is the tr1.ctf file but the engine power scale field is blank and i cannot put a number in the field , maybe it is the wrong file?

Edit: I have found the answer , i haven`t edited the right team :) .Have these changes of my own car engine power effect of the car power of my teammade too?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%