F1 2012 Database Modified

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
When the database is modified we are not able to play online or in LAN.

How to be able to play with in LAN or online ?

Does we need to use the original Flow.bin from the original game (No Patch) like in F1 2011 ?

Thanks,
Sam

You'll likely corrupt your saved game if you load your normal profile with the standard database.bin file. You can, however, create a new profile with the standard database.bin and call it something like "Online" and only use it for multiplayer. Don't forget to swap the files as necessary, tho.

Hi,

We change some things in the database, such as:

1. used tires in Austin and Interlagos.

2. Adjust forces teams as the 2012 season etc. ..

and when we want to connect, there is an error message.

if I understand your answer, when we change the database we must start a new profile for this one.

exemple:

the standard database with pofil 1

the modify database with profil 2

JBB

Hi,

We change some things in the database, such as:

1. used tires in Austin and Interlagos.

2. Adjust forces teams as the 2012 season etc. ..

and when we want to connect, there is an error message.

if I understand your answer, when we change the database we must start a new profile for this one.

exemple:

the standard database with pofil 1

the modify database with profil 2

JBB

Thats the idea of it indeed :)

Guys... what we're trying to find out is WHY can't two people play LAN or Multilayer if both of them have exactly the same modified database files? Obviously Codemasters failed on every attempt to make their F1 games feel and handle like realistic simulators rather than arcade games. Obviously they thought people won't buy it if it was to Realistic or something... but I managed to duplicate the car handling characteristics of Rfactor1 and would now like to use this database for my F1 League Championship. I don't see any reason why they won't allow it... because obviously one don't want to use it against others that doesn't have the same database... but it is VERY important to allow us to modify it and use it amongst ourselves. It will make the games enjoyable for so much longer and letting us modify it the way we prefer (Provided Codemasters stays the owners and doesn't be blamed if we mess it up) will also assure that the fan base will grow, thus more money each time a new f1 game is released.

And why not create their games like BF3 from Dice... online dedicated servers for hire. I will prefer paying R1000 per month for a server so that my league members can race without latency or DC issues.
Then it would be possible to support 22 human players rather than just 16. Please Codemasters... read our posts & reply. We need you guys to adhere to our requests. Also... please change the practice & qualifying sessions to be availible during multiplayer & lan (same as co-op with 3 qualifying sessions).
:(

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years