Database modding/tiers

Hey guys, quick question about database editing:

I just finished a season with my edited database and got pretty realistic results compared to this season IRL:

Vettel 356
Button 303
Webber 277
Hamilton 271
Alonso 201
Massa 160
Rosberg 82
Schumacher 52

Red Bull 633
McLaren 574
Ferrari 361
Mercedes 134
Force India 63
Toro Rosso 54 (My team)
Lotus Renault 47
Sauber 46
Williams 7
Lotus 0
HRT 0
Virgin 0

Anyway, In my database I've editied the ai_engine_power_per_tier so that all the teams keep the same engine power even if they move tiers, that way I thought it would keep the cars consistently on the level of 2011 performance every season... BUT it seems that Lotus & Mercedes have moved up a tier and Williams have moved down a tier and their performances reflect this which I don't want to happen.

The question is, is there any way to stop teams moving tiers or at least keep the same performances of the previous season/limit the teams to the tier they are on? I know the ai_tier_characteristics override all other areas of car performance values but don't want to edit my ai_tier_characteristics because that would screw up pretty much all of my efforts of making the game more realistic.

Any ideas? Thanks. :)

Hmm, yeah, that is a problem. Even though you have changed the power there is still the characteristics to be changed but as you said it would mess everything up. The only way to fix this is to disable tier changing completely rather than making work-arounds. Unfortunately, I haven't seen such an option, it's probably in the exe.

Ah I didn't think it was possible. As I understand the virtual performance values of the drivers and teams is more about generating practice/qualifying times? Because with the teams having the same engine performance value for every tier, when/if they go up or down a tier I've noticed their practice and qualifying times change as if they've changed up or down a tier but the engine power values reflect the actual race pace. So, even though a Lotus going up a tier has their pace in P&Q increased the overall race performance is still limited by the engine power.

Strange situation but just something that you gotta live with I guess. :\

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back