Database for Mr. Pibb's 2013 Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have removed your other thread with the SAME content, but with no download.

Please make this your main thread. If you need to update your file, then please don't make a new upload, as a new thread will be created.

You can add to a new version as shown in this thread ..... thanks :)

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/guide-upload-your-files-to-rd.56072/#post-1345634
Yeah that was my bad...fist time uploading, kinda confusing. And when I first made the posting all my text formatting disappeared so it was one giant paragraph...idk what the heck happened. Thanks for cleaning that up

Hi man, thanks for making this mod.
I've installed your mod and tried a quick race on Melbourne (condition of the track not rain).
Marussia and Caterham manage to sneak both of their cars into Q2, Bianchi finally qualified in 6th position. Alonso, Massa, Button, Rosberg and Webber were knocked out on the Q1, Hamilton is way too good, just like Perez.

Other installed mods: Mr.Pibb's 2013, Reallistic Damage v3.0; Revised Performance Mod v1.1;.....and several graphics mods as 2013 Liveries, Helmets, etc.

There's already databases with that mod. Download one of them and copy my ai_driver table into it using Ryders Database Editor found here:
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/database-editor.51442/

Be careful with this sort of thing. The 2013 database file works in conjunction with other texture and language files. By using the wrong database file as a base, you may loose the following 2013 features included in my database file:

Driver stats (no of wins/poles etc)
Driver voice
Driver name abreviation (required for menu files to work correctly)
Driver nationality
Track order
Team order
Driver order (within team)
Kers enable for Marrusia
Removal of team HRT

You will end up with a half 2012/half 2013 mod if not careful.

EDIT 3.17.13 version 1.1:
Updated ai_driver table to reflect performance seen in Australian Grand Prix
Team tier levels reverted to default as this seemed to cause imbalances.
ai_engine_power_per_tier values reverted to default.
slightly adjusted tyre wear levels (for better wear levels) for Mercedes, Ferrari, and McLaren in the "f1teams" table after performance seen in Australian GP

Capture.JPG

Was that a 100% race distance result snthennumbers?

Nah that was just result from a quick qualifying session at run at full speed simulation...that basically just makes the game crunch the numbers in the database without introducing the player as a variable -- good for testing to see if a character is consistently out performing the field because you can run super fast forward, restart session, super fast forward again, and repeat to get a good set of results to compare.

I also set the good and bad day chances for the Legend row in the ai_driver table to something like 0.000000001 so everyone essentially never has a bad day, but they also never have a good day...which from what I can tell gives you more consistent results. Again, good for testing :)

First off I give massive credit to Mr Pibb for his amazing 2013 graphical update mod found here:
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/mr-pibbs-2013-mod.65585/

After I installed this mod however, I found that some drivers weren't doing as well as expected. Hamilton for instance is often in the bottom half of the field. Perez takes off like he's on rails...etc

Obviously no offence to Mr Pibb as his mod clearly states it is a graphical update only...thank god he did it because I don't know squat about graphics...

So, I've edited the database.bin file to adjust the driver statistics so they line up with the driver you see on track. For instance Hamilton now drives with his stats (slightly adjusted) rather than Michael Schumacher's.

Mods I have installed:
Mr. Pibb's 2013 Mod
Demy's Realism Mod v3.1 (with remy's Safety Car Mod values imported)

Competitive Braking Mod
Revised Performance Mod v1.1 (with rear_grip values set to 1.15 instead of 1 for all teams)

Find a driver who's not acting right? Let me know

EDIT 3.17.13 version 1.1:
Updated ai_driver table to reflect performance seen in Australian Grand Prix
Team tier levels reverted to default as this seemed to cause imbalances.
ai_engine_power_per_tier values reverted to default.
slightly adjusted tyre wear levels (for better wear levels) for Mercedes, Ferrari, and McLaren in the "f1teams" table after performance seen in Australian GP
very nice sir

when the mod will come...?;)

Next day or 3 I hope. I'm torn between waiting for v1tek's 2013 mod to see what he did with the AI (if anything), or if I should release it now. I just don't want this mod getting lost in the giant list of downloads...its a legitimately good mod and deserves to be up high in the list (not to brag lol). Was up till 3am last night working on it..thank god for 5 hour energy this morning lol...
I'm working on finalizing it tonight and making a quick youtube video for it so you can see how the AI acts, etc.

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 190 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.4%
  • < 4 years