Cars (DATA REPLACEMENT) RUF CTR-1 Yellowbird Improved Physics by Arch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyuubeey

@Simberia
Kyuubeey submitted a new resource:

(DATA REPLACEMENT) RUF CTR-1 Yellowbird Improved Physics by Arch - Ruf faszination.

X.06.2019 Version 1.0

• Initial release

!!!IMPORTANT!!!

Doesn't require shaders patch!

Recommended downloads:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ruf-yellowbird-graphics-improvement.26465/
Visuals improvement by Cortmarshal.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ruf-yellowbird-porsche-skinpack-1.10860/
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ruf-yellowbird-porsche-skinpack-2.10861/
Great skinpacks by Xedrox.

!!!IMPORTANT!!!

Includes:
RUF CTR-1...

Read more about this resource...

Well, if you had mentioned that in your release, would I have needed to ask? What do you think? :rolleyes: There's no need for sarcastic comments like that :thumbsdown:
Generally when I've redone a car, it's because the underlying suspension and whatnot are so off as to warrant a change. The Yellowbird isn't even remotely close especially in the rear camber curve, so I can't imagine it being transferable. I thought it was a given. :O_o:

There's a bunch of cars I'd like to just apply a few simple fixes to, but they're not enough to warrant releasing a whole new mod and claiming I made it.

Dude! First of all, thx a million for this mod! I've been wanting to drive this icon ever since the initial release, but just never could get myself to enjoy it due to the lack of realistic physics. Now finally it's possible to emulate that legendary drive around the Nordschleife (with white socks & lofers, lol!), well almost...
As you've mentioned, the tires are a bit too sticky, but that's not an issue for me. I also don't care about physics based on "real" data too much, but I love the illusion of a somewhat authentic drive, so if I may make a suggestion for a small adjustment: Could you transfer more weight to the front of the car, so it becomes a little more tail-happy? Thanks so much again!

Dude! First of all, thx a million for this mod! I've been wanting to drive this icon ever since the initial release, but just never could get myself to enjoy it due to the lack of realistic physics. Now finally it's possible to emulate that legendary drive around the Nordschleife (with white socks & lofers, lol!), well almost...
As you've mentioned, the tires are a bit too sticky, but that's not an issue for me. I also don't care about physics based on "real" data too much, but I love the illusion of a somewhat authentic drive, so if I may make a suggestion for a small adjustment: Could you transfer more weight to the front of the car, so it becomes a little more tail-happy? Thanks so much again!
Hey,

The only adjustments I ever make is to produce a more realistic end result. Right now I'm working on making the geometry closer, because I was given some Porsche camber and toe curves for the 930, both axles, so I can fill in the blanks. :thumbsup:

I won't be changing the weight distribution, as it's correct based on data from Best Motoring, when they tested the Yellowbird. Moreover I won't be changing anything else that important unless I have reason to suspect I should.

Kyuubeey updated (DATA REPLACEMENT) RUF CTR-1 Yellowbird Improved Physics by Arch with a new update entry:

New geometries, setup

08.06.2019 Version 1.1

- Redid front and rear suspension using Porsche factory curves and images
- Changed alignment setup for toe
- Changed default alignment to 930 standard
- Corrected default LSD lock
- Added in full range of LSD lock
- Standardized some tire values, heating
- Adjusted brakes and bias adjustment

Read the rest of this update entry...

I really like this mod, cause kunos CTR is beyond broken, but there's something that bothers me. Was braking perfomance all that bad? Front wheels are always sliding no matter how gentle I push the pedal even on min brake balance and semislicks. Is this how it supposed to be?
P.S. Are you planing on making others specs of this car? Like optional 6th gear, stiffer springs or anything?

I really like this mod, cause kunos CTR is beyond broken, but there's something that bothers me. Was braking perfomance all that bad? Front wheels are always sliding no matter how gentle I push the pedal even on min brake balance and semislicks. Is this how it supposed to be?
P.S. Are you planing on making others specs of this car? Like optional 6th gear, stiffer springs or anything?
I think the braking performance is a consequence of *too much* mass in the rear. I think it could actually be improved if brake fade was implemented, which I'm on the fence about.

The pressure and split is reasonable for a Porsche braking system with a fairly high pressure proportioner valve. I have some data for 964s and 993s so I just made some assumptions.

Hey,

The only adjustments I ever make is to produce a more realistic end result. Right now I'm working on making the geometry closer, because I was given some Porsche camber and toe curves for the 930, both axles, so I can fill in the blanks. :thumbsup:

I won't be changing the weight distribution, as it's correct based on data from Best Motoring, when they tested the Yellowbird. Moreover I won't be changing anything else that important unless I have reason to suspect I should.
Fair enough... If you got data from someone who've actually tested the Bird, that's awesome. I totally appreciate your passion to stay as true to the data as possible, just when you've mentioned you've modeled it after the 930, I remembered it being very understeery from the VirtuaLM rFactor mod... Cheers, brother!

Finally managed to get a decent lap (7:36:47). Chassis feels good (although you need to get used to understeery nature of it) but I still believe there's something wrong with front tires when braking, they just won't grip.

The tires are within reasonable bounds. I think the issue is more-so that there's no brake fade to weaken the front brakes = allow more proportional rear braking and that our braking systems in sims apply pressure completely unlike IRL. Maybe I will add fade, maybe I won't.

Also, to add, the CTR really has exceptional braking performance considering you're going into most corners 100km/h faster than you'd expect in a more toned down 911.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 93 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 68 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.2%