Cars (DATA REPLACEMENT) Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 3.0 Improved Physics by Arch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyuubeey

@Simberia
Kyuubeey submitted a new resource:

(DATA REPLACEMENT) Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 3.0 Improved Physics by Arch - One more RR Porsche.

06.09.2019 Version 1.0

• Initial release

!!!IMPORTANT!!!

Doesn't require shaders patch! Requires Porsche Pack 1 DLC!

!!!IMPORTANT!!!

Includes:
Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 3.0 Group 4

Credits:
Physics and custom UI file by Arch/Kyuubeey
UI file torque curves by x4fab's AC Torque Helper
Everything else by Kunos Simulazioni

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

The data.acd file is intended as a replacement used alongside the KS 911 RSR visuals
or a fitting visual of your choosing. Visuals and sound...

Read more about this resource...

I got to drive this car quite few times in the recent past painting it. I try it out to see what it looks like, get the AI to drive it and I check my work in the ext cam. With this one I don't. I drive it myself. I leave the work for later... ;)
Thanks!

Followed instructions, including replacing sound but don't get any in car engine sound (only tried in cockpit view). Is there something basic I'm missing?!

Can I ask if the gear ratios are based on RL figures? Because it feels like there is a pretty big jump from 2nd to 3rd in your modded physics release.

The overall handling feels great, though, and someone's suggestion to replace the sounds with those from the 935/78 really works.

back to original release, ffb feels better that in 1.1 update.
let's see if there comes further updates.
Hey, light steering and negative ackerman is a feature, not a bug. And steering geo is wrong in 1.0. Objectively. I'm not changing anything except due to more data.

Can I ask if the gear ratios are based on RL figures? Because it feels like there is a pretty big jump from 2nd to 3rd in your modded physics release.

The overall handling feels great, though, and someone's suggestion to replace the sounds with those from the 935/78 really works.

Hey, of course not. Like everything else, I don't do any research and I simply guess the values. /s

Gr4Gearratios.JPG

I thought the same but of course it's based on those documents from FIA homologation stuff. You can play with some shorter ratios and different final as well

Not like plenty of values on the car aren’t guessed. Was a fair and politely-asked question.
Yeah, but you don't usually guess gear ratios. To me the question "Hey did you make up the gear ratios?" on a car where you can find them fairly easily is a bit absurd, so I answered in an absurd manner.

I remember KS having some really weird ratios, so either those in the docs are wrong and not precise, they did something weird, or there's some data I don't have. So "Are you sure the ratios are correct?" is more appropriate, perhaps. I would answer "Seemingly".

Exactly! The audio from the 935/78 is far superior and much closer to the real exhaust note of the Carrera RSR 3.0. The original Kunos sound lacked the distinctive growl that is quite prominent in the real engine sound.

Exactly! The audio from the 935/78 is far superior and much closer to the real exhaust note of the Carrera RSR 3.0. The original Kunos sound lacked the distinctive growl that is quite prominent in the real engine sound.
I'll try it. Maybe I will suggest it in the post if it's so good.

Will Arch update two times in a row back to back every day? Find out today! :p I fixed one minor oversight and changed inertia quite drastically. Seems 911 really does have a very long inertia box.

Good work. I appreciate your efforts and updates. :thumbsup: Lets hope those future updates omit any additional barbed sarcasm.
Thanks. I tried the sound, but the turbo whistling bothers me, so I won't "officially" endorse it. Otherwise it'd be great. :(

I think I will search for more additional info specific to the '74 car and leave the update for a bit later.

I didn't mean it in an insulting way directed at anyone in particular, so I think the sarcasm will stay. ;) I just used it as an excuse to post a data source, for some reasoning on why they are like they are.

Do try to understand it from my perspective, though. Just about every day, I have people questioning my stuff when they themselves don't know anything (And I don't mean to imply the people in this thread are those kind of guys) and making claims like my laserscanned suspensions are wrong because I'm me, or my torque curves are wrong because I'm me, or my damper graphs are wrong because I'm me etc.

So it can irk me in the wrong way when someone asks "Hey, is *easy to find data* really correct? To me it *feels* wrong." :roflmao:

Hey, light steering and negative ackerman is a feature, not a bug. And steering geo is wrong in 1.0. Objectively. I'm not changing anything except due to more data.

Hey, of course not. Like everything else, I don't do any research and I simply guess the values. /s

View attachment 323625
don't mean to stir trouble but the sheet has a typo on it, 3rd gear long and 4th gear short is 1.261 (29/23) not 1.126

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 272 27.4%