Cars (DATA REPLACEMENT) Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 3.0 Improved Physics by Arch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you do a test and turn the ARBs all to minimum? Otherwise I'll be sending you some PMs...

That made no difference. I also tried turning off the gyro (no difference), turning off Spring and Damper in TM CP (no difference).

I'm happy to converse via PM if you'd prefer not to mess up this thread...

-EDIT- Btw, your RUF Yellowbird does not have the same issue, for me.

Then it's the new front geometry. Well there are some inaccuracies in the geometry anyway, so chances are the tie rods are doing something weird on braking. (Somehow I hadn't matched up the tie rods from the front...)

Chances are I will send a private build to test and review again. I would guess it's the high scrub radius coupled with the inaccuracies in the steering geometry causing some strange forces.

Hey, update incoming at some point which will fix the above issues + some improvements. :thumbsup: Thanks to @Fat-Alfie for testing.

Also apologies to @4ph3x, as in this case, you were basically correct. While the sentiment that all old touring cars ran rubber bushes on rollbars due to their high roll centers, or that the scrub radius is always under 50mm or so isn't something I'd 100% agree with as I've found evidence and anecdote suggesting otherwise, however for this car, it *appears* to be correct.

Although I'm yet to find hard evidence, various anecdotal factors about how they achieved the track width + some forum posts from replica makers suggests lenghtened front lower control arms = less scrub, around 50mm or so when using the only quoted figure of "+35mm" I could find. My SAI and scrub was also incorrect slightly, anyway. Oh, and it does appear like they corrected the in-built camber angle for the new increased negative camber from the increased SAI which is present with lenghtened arms. I am aware of that. ;)

I also found some mild evidence suggesting rubber links for ARBs in the homologation papers and other resources. Piecing it all together, I'm willing to believe it given the type of car and the evidence such as footage devoid of any significant steering forces over rough surfaces where the wheels would be bound together sequentially over bumps.

Kyuubeey updated (DATA REPLACEMENT) Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 3.0 Improved Physics by Arch with a new update entry:

Geo, ARBs, tracks, inertia, misc

27.09.2019 Version 1.4

- Changed front geometry
- Small adjustment to trailing arm
- Reverted to rubber link ARBs
- Corrected wheelbase to pre-76 911 2.271m from 2.272m
- Changed track widths and how they were achieved; thanks to various people
- Changed inertia
- Tire changes
- Corrected small mistakes, inaccuracies

Read the rest of this update entry...

Not this specific car, although I already know what the CoG is for this one. It's closer to an MR car in some ways. I bet those are just outright MR cars if the engine was moved too somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 301 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 151 7.7%