Cars (DATA REPLACEMENT) Mazda RX-7 FD3S Improved Physics by Arch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking about doing that, but it's not the standard for most cars, so...

Maybe I should make the new standard because that's what it really should be :>).
yeah, you should set the tires as they would come out from factory, at least on stock cars. Those still can be used on a track anyways and if you want to use semis.. just change them. Never liked having SM as default choice from the beginning but somehow kunos thought it was the standard thing to do.

Only issue is it'll **** up AI races completely. Kunos couldn't be arsed to integrate tire switching for AI, so this is what we get.

As much as I'd like to have *no semis at all* on roadcars, well...

Kyuubeey updated (DATA REPLACEMENT) Mazda RX-7 FD3S Improved Physics by Arch with a new update entry:

Tires, bushings, aero, geo

- Differentiated DY and DX load curves for tires
- Adjusted tires
- Changed rubber bushings to solid/unwound rubber; thanks to @baker7498
- Changed aero.ini version to 3 so YAW_CL_GAIN works; oops!
- Changed front geos to slightly more accurate "EX=2" variation; no engine forces on the axle so no need to adjust; oops!
- Reverted trail changes; too subjective currently and likely more wrong than without
- Updated UIs

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks that was super easy!
On a side note do you recommend the neural mesh tyre models that CM has as an option?
The what? If you mean the tire generator thing, all it does is more or less randomly combines tires from existing cars last I checked. Rubbish, junk, trash, garbage.

Gotta make it by hand or with a more specific tool with precise parameters, not just bashing together stuff.

i got this when i tried to load the s3,s4, and drift.
1603455808891.png

i "think" i did the installation correctly, or no, idk, maybe its the installation error, and maybe you can help me on how to install the 1999's the correct way?

You didn't copy from the right base car.
which base, is it the ks_mazda_rx7_spirit_r?, because i actually did copy the files from it, and then replace the stuff from the downloaded files, yet that thing happens, i actually tried to rename the .kn5 fitting the files that were error on the warning, yet theres more error that says flamestart : flame missing.

edit : nvm i think i know which part now, i feel stupid, but thanks for the reply anyway :D

Last edited:
Kyuubeey updated (DATA REPLACEMENT) Mazda RX-7 FD3S Improved Physics by Arch with a new update entry:

CSP features, tires, suspensions, aero, engine, misc changes

27.02.2021 Version 2.6

- New CSP Extended Physics heating for tires
- New CSP Extended Physics tire features for slip, self aligning torque, camber etc.
- New CSP Extended Physics suspension features
- New logic for tire load curves, combined grip
- Tire changes, standardization
- More accurate stabilizers based on new data, more options
- Changed damper rates based on better data
- More accurate mass, CoG based on better data
- Re-implemented wheel bushing rates
- Changed torque curves a...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thank you.
I love your physics mods.

You've gotten rid of the S1 and S2 versions in this update, is that right? (I don't think you mentioned that in the list of changes)
Oh, yes, I forgot. S-versions are a pain to maintain so I left many out for now. If I feel they are not redundant they might come back, but on the FD and many others they are effectively just a dev time sink that I could use on something else.

which base, is it the ks_mazda_rx7_spirit_r?, because i actually did copy the files from it, and then replace the stuff from the downloaded files, yet that thing happens, i actually tried to rename the .kn5 fitting the files that were error on the warning, yet theres more error that says flamestart : flame missing.

edit : nvm i think i know which part now, i feel stupid, but thanks for the reply anyway :D
Can you tell me what you did to figure this out? I used the KS Spirit as the base for the drift version and keep getting the exact same errors but don't have any issue with the new Spirit version. I feel like I'm missing something very obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back