Cars [DATA REPLACEMENT] FIAT 805/405

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyuubeey

@Simberia
Kyuubeey submitted a new resource:

[DATA REPLACEMENT] FIAT 805/405 - Motorized bathtub.

14.08.21 Version 1.0

- Initial release

ORIGINAL MOD BY NICECUPPATEA https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/fiat-805-405-1923.38822/

REQUIRES CSP PREFERABLY VERSION 0.1.74+.

High-level precise simulation package produced via empiric measurements,
real telemetry from 1923 and with driver feedback from the real factory drivers.
Or maybe not.

Similar handling achieved with a very different method.
Just for fun.
Released with permission.

Installation instructions:
1. Install...

Read more about this resource...

Hi !
I wondered if the FIAT is more realistic now with less performance, for it has lost a lot of performance.
I like it :)
Daniel
Who knows. The CG is certainly too low and rearward in the original mod, but most of the performance is due to the tire load curve being less grippy. I think it is more probable, the original one is gripping more like a 1990's road tire, but I couldn't tell you if it's true or not.

We need to consider these are from the 20's and running on very narrow road tires. It was like that for the whole prewar period, even the almost 1000hp cars just before the war were on narrow and not very grippy tires. So it's just about how likely it is.

Also, the tires overheat quite easily, so you need to drive carefully. I think that is why they never really slid around the cars much on concrete (Most of the racing was on gravel anyway) and drove in a way which seems to be slow; but in reality they were driving very fast for what the tire allows. The original tire is using vanilla heating and probably will not overheat.

Thanks you took time to answer !
Dan
Who knows. The CG is certainly too low and rearward in the original mod, but most of the performance is due to the tire load curve being less grippy. I think it is more probable, the original one is gripping more like a 1990's road tire, but I couldn't tell you if it's true or not.

We need to consider these are from the 20's and running on very narrow road tires. It was like that for the whole prewar period, even the almost 1000hp cars just before the war were on narrow and not very grippy tires. So it's just about how likely it is.

Also, the tires overheat quite easily, so you need to drive carefully. I think that is why they never really slid around the cars much on concrete (Most of the racing was on gravel anyway) and drove in a way which seems to be slow; but in reality they were driving very fast for what the tire allows. The original tire is using vanilla heating and probably will not overheat

Hi! Great work! May i ask you a question? Can you undestand if the Legion's Alfa Romeo P3 have the right physics? Is a curiosity i have and i don't know if is realistic or not. Watching varous video of her it look more easy to drive than in Asseto Corsa!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back