F1 2013 Data Logger F1 2013

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Why did you think it would work with F1 2013? Didn't you read README?
It's for F1 2012 patch 12. OSD addin never work with F1 2013. Furthermore, I have no plan for F1 2013. I'll never create it for F1 2013.

I'm a selfish person, so I won't do anything I don't want to do. And I won't explain why.

@Befaro

You will have to read the Data Logger thread in the F1 2012 section to see what is going on.

I think kenken has given up modding for various reasons, and is not in the best frame of mind at the moment, so is coming across a bit angry. He has his reasons ....... so don't take it personally :)

I said I don't want to explain why, but I change my mind.

Some people ask to share my datalogger(or request new feature). But they never offered to help at when I asked their help to test. That means I can't test it on user system, practically. Furthermore, release process of this mod is needed quite certain amount of time and patience. It's not fun, especially when people ask selfish requests or post something I don't want to hear. So I lost motivation to share this mod.

I'm still developing DataLogger because I need it. But I don't wish to share it under current circumstances. There are also another reasons but these are minor.

P.S. Unlike DataLogger, visor mod will come after final patch was released.

I do not understand what is "selfish" in simply asking if there exists a 2013 version.
But i understand your attitude. Though it might be more polite to just state that you do not want to make a newer version instead of calling a simple request selfish. Because for sure: me and many others who just want to play the game are no selfish beings. No offense taken.
regards Robin

I do not understand what is "selfish" in simply asking if there exists a 2013 version.
But i understand your attitude. Though it might be more polite to just state that you do not want to make a newer version instead of calling a simple request selfish. Because for sure: me and many others who just want to play the game are no selfish beings. No offense taken.
regards Robin
Created new thread and asked version for F1 2013 instead of posting in Request thread is simple request. Do you really think that way? Well, it doesn't matter to me because it's not main problem.

One question.
Will you offer your help if I ask user's help to test?

If you don't have such intention, please shut up. 'Only take and not give anything' is not proper behavior in modding community as far as I'm concerned. If asking 'Give and Take' was not acceptable in this forum, I have nothing to say and there is no room for me here.

@Victor Ivanov, it seems DRS and KERS are not working. I think it's working properly with F1 2013 as intended. About stolen or not, I don't care anymore, I'm just tired.

@kenken

I know you are upset about the way things have gone with your Data Logger, but there is no need to be so rude to Befaro.

It was a simple question, not a request. 'Is there a version for F1 2013', because his F1 2012 version didn't work. Not 'I request that you make a version for F1 2013' ...... there is a big difference.

Now because it was about a mod, he could have posted in the modding questions thread, but he wasn't wrong posting it here either. Asking if a mod exists in this forum is not wrong. Asking for help or support for a particular mod is .....

So please, do not tell others to shut up, especially when they have done nothing wrong.

Last edited:
Created new thread and asked version for F1 2013 instead of posting in Request thread is simple request. Do you really think that way? Well, it doesn't matter to me because it's not main problem.

One question.
Will you offer your help if I ask user's help to test?

If you don't have such intention, please shut up. 'Only take and not give anything' is not proper behavior in modding community as far as I'm concerned. If asking 'Give and Take' was not acceptable in this forum, I have nothing to say and there is no room for me here.

@Victor Ivanov, it seems DRS and KERS are not working. I think it's working properly with F1 2013 as intended. About stolen or not, I don't care anymore, I'm just tired.

Like many other players who are not frequently active in forums i do not know every thread i could use to find the help i need. I trust in the helpfulness of other persons who share my passion for the game.
Regarding you question: If you would ask me to test a mod or something else regarding to the game i would most likely help you if my freetime allows me to.
Nevertheless i am a bit shocked by your attitude and the disrespect you bring up to somebody who simply seeks help and has not done anything wrong to you.I do not think that anyone would like to help someone with that kind of negative attitude. I do not want to attack you here. You seem to be very sensitive because of your experience but i think that anyone who shows respect and kindly asks for help (and i am not speeking only for myself here because i am mature enough to know that what you show here can only be a tiny part of your personality and that there are for sure many other parts people would like) should not be treated that way and most importantly is a better enrichment to a community than someone who ,because of his skillset, could provide the help needed but carries your attitude.
At last to make one thing clear:
I will not shut up because you tell me to do so.
I do not intent to make a feud out of this. I just wanted to state my opinionin a respectfull way.
I will not write anything else.
regards Robin

I'm sorry about this. But I'm not upset about whether first post is question or request. There is difficulties of language, but I think he(or some others) thinks unreasonable my words about reason why I won't share my mod. These paragraph are just explanation, not attacking. So I had to respond. If you think it's too much offensive, I apologize.

Anyway, it seems to ignore is only my choice. So I won't post anything for a while. And I suggest to find more gentle person who can make similar mod because I start thinking I'm not suitable person in here.

Everyone is welcome here, including you kenken.

We just have to be careful what we say sometimes, it can easily be misunderstood, especially when English is not the natural language of many of our users. :)

So I think we should leave it there ........ and move on :thumbsup:

The thread wouldn't be complete without a song ...... :whistling: :D

I'm sorry about this. But I'm not upset about whether first post is question or request. There is difficulties of language, but I think he(or some others) thinks unreasonable my words about reason why I won't share my mod. These paragraph are just explanation, not attacking. So I had to respond. If you think it's too much offensive, I apologize.

Anyway, it seems to ignore is only my choice. So I won't post anything for a while. And I suggest to find more gentle person who can make similar mod because I start thinking I'm not suitable person in here.
Hi KenKen
I Love Making things and despite what the Community thinks about myself it Does not Really bother me apart from people expecting too many things for nothing and not showing there appreciation to the amount of effort that it sometimes takes to create these Modz.:(

On the other Hand I would love for someone to ask me to be apart of one of there Modz or Even contribute to there work but as much as I get frustrated this as never happened.:(

I Would love to Help you out Making these Mods the "Datalogger" & "VisorMod" and would be Happy to Test out the Mod all day long , And would be happy top allocate time to your work on a Daily basis if needed ,
These Mods that you create are I think some of the best work that as being contributed to RaceDepartment on the Formula 1 Series.

But I just do not want just to Test the Application out I want to improve the Visual Graphics as Well and would not rest until it Looks like on TV :thumbsup:
Screen Shot 2013-09-08 at 7.52.49 PM.jpg

The work you Have done so far is outstanding and Would love to Help you Take the Mod to the Next Level and also get your thoughts on some new ideas I have been thinking about creating as Well.;)

Anyway keep up your efforts and does not matter to me when you read this message now or next month please start a Conversation with me and Hopefully we can get this Mod back on RD :thumbsup:

Dear friends, I also, have installed this TV Like OSD. Someone sent me a link and I downloaded. It was supposed to work only in F1 2012, but is works in F1 2013, too. I have not tried it for long. I think the DRS and KERS inidicator lights do not work.

I understand one thing. Almost all of you have only interest in speedometer. So I can say this.

I never use speedometer. It was a result of DirectX learning process. Now it becomes difficulties to maintain source code. So if I made F1 2013 Datalogger, highly unlikely, I'm quite sure I'll delete speedometer from OSD addin for development efficiency.

I understand one thing. Almost all of you have only interest in speedometer. So I can say this.

I never use speedometer. It was a result of DirectX learning process. Now it becomes difficulties to maintain source code. So if I made F1 2013 Datalogger, highly unlikely, I'm quite sure I'll delete speedometer from OSD addin for development efficiency.
Dear friend would be much obliged and honoured, if you could let me test your mod.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%