data for 'track conditions' ??

Apparently its always 26deg, sunny and excellent condition on my track?? and i assume everyone elses? according to the race settings box in rfactor anyway

wheres the data that rfactor uses for these numbers?

if i want to make a wet track, how do i get that to appear in that dialog box?

and, on a remote but relate slim chance, does this somehow affect the AI, or the impact of tyre choices?

cheers
ed

(and yes, i know this wont suddenly make the track wet...:cool: just want to change what the dialog box says, and maybe mysteriously stumble upon something that the AI and tyre choices will listen too while im at it)

i the data for track temp and such is in the gdb files, but not all of them because it doesn't actually do anything! check Orchard Lake i think. Again i say don't worry too much about it because lots of people have tried but it doesn't do anything.

yeah, nahhh... mianiak that tute doesnt touch on the original question ;) and woochoo, the GDB file does not have that data in it.

my track has ZERO reference to descrciptive track conditions such as ambient temp, track temp, sunshine etc on the GDB file. and yet the rfactor dialogue box manages to install a default 'sunny, 25deg' in the fields from somewhere? where?

and if i try adding

Qualify
{
Conditions = Cloudy
TrackWetness = Wet
AmbientTemp = 20
TrackTemp = 24
}
Warmup
{
Conditions = Cloudy
TrackWetness = Wet
AmbientTemp = 20
TrackTemp = 24
}
Race
{
Conditions = Cloudy
TrackWetness = Wet
AmbientTemp = 20
TrackTemp = 24
}

as per an old discussion, it also does nothing (and yes i tried multiple combination of words etc)

but youd think that at the very lest the ambient temp number would change in the dialoguie box

i dont care if nothing else changes (lighting etc etc) as ive already done that all manually, just that stupid diaolgue box has me dudded! :confused:

cheers guys!
ed

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 207 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%