data.ar file extraction?

Hi guys, I'm currently making a car for use in Panthera (Lite atm, hopefully the professional version soon). I've used the Cruden Generic Sedan as a base and edited the car.ini and created .crv and .tir files to get the physics right. I'm doing the model now and have a .dof file that I want to replace the body.dof file for the car, but I can't find it! I presume it's in the data.ar archive, but I don't seem to be able to open or extract anything from it. I've seen this with a few mods for Racer too. Is there anyway to go about changing the model on the generic sedan?

just name your body.dof to something different (car.dof, body2.dof, etc) and change the name inside the car.ini under the body section.
I'm sure there are ways to extract data from the data.ar, but it is very frowned upon, as the developers lock their models so people cannot mess with them, also screws with updating them because you can't remap anything or fix issues.

Just look up the name of the visual body file in the car.ini

Then place a file of that name in the appropriate folder.

Then the loose file with override the data.ar one.

Oooor, just change the name in the car.ini for the body file, and then put the new dof wherever you like as Harey said.

You don't need to have access to the data.ar at all for this task.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back