Dashboard - which size?

Hi guys,

i was thinking about getting a dashboard. I have a Motedis S rig and a VRS Direct Force Pro is coming on friday. Nevertheless, I wanted to get a dashboard for having less HUD on the monitor.

I already searched in the internet for it and there are many options from cheap to really expensive. Due to spending already a lot on my rig, I was thinking about getting a "cheap" one from there: https://shop.3d-simgear.de/de/dashboard-in-schwarz-fuer-fanatec-wheelbase-11.html

But are 4'' too small? I can also buy on amazon for the same price products like this:
- https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0...pc-21&linkId=02949c03c7a0531956fe75e2d70b89a3 (there is also a 7'' version of it

- https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0...pc-21&linkId=8e35d9de14195d9c0669a1d9fe1eb3c1

So I really do not know where to begin.

Also, keep in mind: Every HDMI port of my graphics card is taken and my cpu (R9 3900X) as no integrated graphics chip. I have a spare GPU in my closet, but I don't know if I can use it/if it has place in my case due to my water cooling. If so, then I would be limited to the 4'' one. But are 24fps enough for a dashboard or is it noticeable?

Have you thought about a cheap 2nd hand tablet? I picked up an old Google Nexus on ebay for less than £30. Charges with usb which I leave perminantly plugged in and connects to simhub over the Internet. Touch screen and also has a better resolution than a lot of the cheap screens. I just had to make a 3d printed holder for it. Aside from being a bit bulkier than just a screen, I can't really see much of a downside.

Upvote 0
Have you thought about a cheap 2nd hand tablet? I picked up an old Google Nexus on ebay for less than £30. Charges with usb which I leave perminantly plugged in and connects to simhub over the Internet. Touch screen and also has a better resolution than a lot of the cheap screens. I just had to make a 3d printed holder for it. Aside from being a bit bulkier than just a screen, I can't really see much of a downside.
I always thought that they are "worse" but your answer sounds convincing. Especially the better resolution and I think they all have more than 24fps.

Just checked it on ebay, there are some newer google nexus for 50€, sounds nice.

Upvote 0
I have the following 7" monitor connected to an old Rasperry Pi running in kiosk mode that is connected to Simhub. I think that the 7" is slightly big but would rater have it than a 4" monitor, I feel that would be too small for me. I purchased this from Amazon last year but I could not find it there currently, cost me $80 usd last year built a mount and had Pi & cables so the only cost was the monitor

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 337 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 171 7.9%
  • < 5 years