Dashboard Android/iOS app

Recently found DashMeterPro for Iracing and Rfactor, which allows live data display on your Iphone or Android phone. Does anyone know of a similar application for Richard Burns? If none exists, maybe a future project for WorkerBee? :)

itrdc5 has got everything up and running. Next version which will be made available soon will contain this update.Hopefully the release will be this weekend. There will be less gauge types but the analog ones will be much more configurable.

itrdc5 has got everything up and running. Next version which will be made available soon will contain this update.Hopefully the release will be this weekend. There will be less gauge types but the analog ones will be much more configurable.
Thanks topdrive for all your help. Good dash. Just made a video with it.

Nice set of hardware to play. If the app is helpful - great! :) At the moment I cannot think of playing RBR without this set of gauges.

On the other hand you are totally over revving that WRC. Switch to Impreza WRC dash and look at the boost gauge. The bigger the boost, the more torque you've got, the more torque, the better the car accelerates and is capable of better power drifts :). Turbo cars are driven using torque, N/A cars are driven using power ;).
You can also check TqXX entries in r_tarmac.lsp in cars physics dir. This is the torque map for the engine - you can see that you have maximum torque at 3000 rpm for WRC cars, so it's best to keep them somewhere between full torque and full power (3000-5000rpm usually, but some of them are built to be fast till 6000rpm) ;).

Nice set of hardware to play. If the app is helpful - great! :) At the moment I cannot think of playing RBR without this set of gauges.

On the other hand you are totally over revving that WRC. Switch to Impreza WRC dash and look at the boost gauge. The bigger the boost, the more torque you've got, the more torque, the better the car accelerates and is capable of better power drifts :). Turbo cars are driven using torque, N/A cars are driven using power ;).
You can also check TqXX entries in r_tarmac.lsp in cars physics dir. This is the torque map for the engine - you can see that you have maximum torque at 3000 rpm for WRC cars, so it's best to keep them somewhere between full torque and full power (3000-5000rpm usually, but some of them are built to be fast till 6000rpm) ;).

Haha, maybe I just can't help it. I drive a VTEC, not much happens till about 5500rpm all the way to the red line. I used to have a WRX (twice actually) and by 5500rpm, it'd be out of puff. Anyway, noted and will try to change my driving style :thumbsup: I guess it goes to show how useful a gauge like this is.

These gauges look great! I just wish my tablet would work with them (Android 2.1, says problem with parsing the package every single time I try install :( )
I would love to use these, and it would definitely be better than having gauges on screen :)

Hi, i need some help with this.
I copy the files and install the app but when i'm trying to conect it says that port 8673 error... Can anyone explain me the steps that i have to make... I've seen that someone here had the saem problem. Thank's for the help

Beta4 is available for download! http://topdrive.cba.pl/
The website is lost and Wayback Machine has no backup for the updated .dll/Beta+ (Gauge_server.zip).

Can you upload this file or all Gauge server -files to somewhere else?

And what are your current feelings about that plugin/app?
Is the android app compatible with latest/future android versions?

If somebody has copy of your Gauge server -files, can he/she... share or distribute them?

Thanks

I haven't developed anything since the old version. I need to check my other PC for the files, I can share them later in this thread if you want to use it, but isn't stuff like simhub currently a better approach? :)

I haven't developed anything since the old version. I need to check my other PC for the files, I can share them later in this thread if you want to use it, but isn't stuff like simhub currently a better approach? :)
SimHub 261 MB vs your app/dll ~1 MB.
I don't need those ass-shaking -things ;)

I was using your Gauge server -files few years ago and it was a great little program, especially the "only gear display".
But then, I only have one Android -phone, so switching back and forth (sim to regular use) was boring.
Now the phone (and few others) are End-Of-Life, so I can "hard-mount" it or them to my sim.
And now, when I need those files again, your website is gone :(

If you have abandon this software, maybe you can make it open source or tell your "final thoughts" about it, because looks like Richard Burns Rally lives forever ;)

@topdrive

Did you find those files or have you forget this subject?

I understand and respect if you don't want to share them or you "regret" your history, but it would be nice to know your opinion about these files.

Or should I presume that this plugin is abandonware...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 159 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 434 39.6%