Dash Meter Wheel Mount

Hi,

I had seen the DashMeterPro app that I was considering getting for my Samsung Galaxy S5 to use on my sim games. However, wasn't sure how to implement it into my beginner setup in terms of where to mount. I am using a Logitech G25 and did not want to have to look in an abnormal place for the info.

In looking for wheel stands, I accidentally stumbled across this mount for a bargain £1.86!!!!

Mine arrived today and it fits the G25 perfectly and, as the red tab that wraps around the wheel is elasticated, it tightens onto the wheel and therefore does not budge. At all. The actual phone holder clip part is also extendable and my phone fits it perfectly, though a device larger than the S5 might be a bit of a squeeze.

Personally, I love it. Now my DashMeterPro app is is the 'normal' dash position to look at and it also has the bonus of giving you a red ring tab central indicator on the top of the wheel. The phone does not block any of the G25's buttons either.

For anyone looking for a super budget dash mount for their rev lights, gear, telemetry etc, this is a no brainier that I could deffo recommend!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/HuaYang-Steering-Holder-iPhone-Galaxy/dp/B00K62M80C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1403132601&sr=8-1&keywords=Car wheel mount

image.jpg
image.jpg
As promised, a couple of pics in use....

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
My Galaxy S5 does the job, but is a 5" odd screen phone so is on the big side. Could even buy a pre owned old Android phone (as long as it has Android 2.2 or later as per DMP's requirement) to use for the sole purpose of being a dedicated display. Could probably pick one up for about £10-20 off eBay that would be smaller than my S5 giving you a nice fitting, permanent display for cheap as chips when coupled with this bracket.

Upvote 0
I just use one of these for my Android 7inch

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DSKA27U/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Started using my phone as well but I have a CSR so that mount wouldn't quite work, I have an idea on how to mount it to my wheel so I'm going to give it a try this week.
Whatever works for you! Personally I prefer having the display in the 'natural' position and being in the usual dash position makes it easy to see in yourban peripheral vision whilst driving. I have already shaved seconds off lap times in using this.

Upvote 0
Yeah I would have it in that position if possible but the CSR has a pretty small gap between the rim and the centre part of the wheel so a phone would be a bit too big.

A phone would fit nicely at the bottom of the wheel though, it's not as good a position as yours but better than nothing :p

Upvote 0
Just wanted to throw this into the mix. Looks like its capable of holding 7-8.5" tablets. I measured my LG Gpad 8.3" and it would hold it running landscape. Could be useful for folks trying to mount a small tablet or a small keyboard (my Logitech K810 measurements are also within the 13.5" limit) to a rigs tubing on the cheap.

Could also be used to mount their smartphone in portrait (not for Dashmeter Pro obviously) over G25/G27 or T500rs/GTE rims which have no buttons on the centre of the rim.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1pc-Steer...2478?pt=UK_Holders_Mounts&hash=item4d172e274e

Upvote 0
Bought one of those phone mounts just out of curiosity, came today and actually works great! Covers up the LED display on my wheel but with the info on my phone I don't even need it now.

Cheers for the tip Gav :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Bought one of those phone mounts just out of curiosity, came today and actually works great! Covers up the LED display on my wheel but with the info on my phone I don't even need it now.

Cheers for the tip Gav :thumbsup:

Yes, mine came today too, works great, but also covers the LED display on wheel, but no big deal, good find this bit of kit :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 74 12.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 53 8.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 36 6.0%
  • < 5 years