Dash Meter Pro

David O'Reilly

A bad quali means I can go forwards in the race.
Just to let my fellow RF2 buddies know.
I did some research and invested yesterday.
Screen wise: My 7 year old daughter has a Hudl pad with a 7 inch screen that she rarely uses.This meant I could for £5.47 have the full setup.

I didnt really want to install track map as I just like an uncluttered screen.
I can have 5 pre set screens so Ill probably go with a Race Screen, a Historic Race Screen, a Practice Screen and maybe a quali screen. This will allow me to tailor the info. EG fuel consumption test in practice, but a fuel use per lap not really needed in a race. I will just see how many laps fuel left and how much if any needed to add.

The choices of info are pretty good EG I'm not bothering with gear position and speed or RPM (the shift lights are great) and I run cockpit anyway. But stuff like ambient, track temps, an Oil temp guage, sector delta to complement my live delta best are all there.
So I can now leave my RF2 info screen on tyre temps and wear and the rest is there where I can see it.

I'm thinking it was one of the better £5.00 investments Ive made.

Any other feedback or advice from users is very welcome.

David

I bought dash meter pro today but after installing it rfactor freezes just as you get into the garage, I have had similar problems in rfactor 1 when I tried using different plugins and .dll's , I have the track map plugin , I'm using 32 bit because it doesent work with 64 bit, I tried removing the two track map.dll's but I had the same result, anyone had any similar problems ?

Just to add, the test exe talks to my tablet ok and I have tried the things suggested in the readme, I also just removed the DashMeterPro.dll file from the Bin32/Plugins folder temporarily and the game loads fine, it's definitely the dll conflicting with another somewhere.

Last edited:
I thought I would try the 64 bit version and forget about using Track map, I had forgotten how much faster 64bit rfactor 2 boots and it looks better so I might just stay with it, I had more success with the plugin but am still not there yet, the game loads fine and when I sit in the car I get the plugin icon for a few seconds in the top left of the screen but dash meter Pro doesn't kick in, the 64bit dash test exe talks to the tablet ok so I'm a bit stumped.

Ok a re-boot helps :D I have the 64bit version working

Even better news on this very site I found the 64bit version of Track map and everything works alongside Dash Meter :)

Last edited:
I thought I would try the 64 bit version and forget about using Track map, I had forgotten how much faster 64bit rfactor 2 boots and it looks better so I might just stay with it, I had more success with the plugin but am still not there yet, the game loads fine and when I sit in the car I get the plugin icon for a few seconds in the top left of the screen but dash meter Pro doesn't kick in, the 64bit dash test exe talks to the tablet ok so I'm a bit stumped.

Ok a re-boot helps :D I have the 64bit version working

Even better news on this very site I found the 64bit version of Track map and everything works alongside Dash Meter :)
Man you are going to have so much information at your disposal you will ned to get someone else to drive the car!!

I have a question @David O'Reilly , I don't seem to be able to change the colours or the pre set layouts, I choose different ones in the preferences but nothing changes, have you had any similar problems, my tablet is a hudl.

I need to play more before posting :) I have managed to change the colours, not sure how because it didn't seem to be saving anything when I selected it before and the pre set layout still wont change, Ill get there.

Last edited:
Just found this if it's any use to anyone

41q%2BfsjGN3L._SX385_.jpg

Amazon

Was looking for something to hold my new phone as it's a bit bigger and doesn't fit in my old phone holder.

I have a question @David O'Reilly , I don't seem to be able to change the colours or the pre set layouts, I choose different ones in the preferences but nothing changes, have you had any similar problems, my tablet is a hudl.

I need to play more before posting :) I have managed to change the colours, not sure how because it didn't seem to be saving anything when I selected it before and the pre set layout still wont change, Ill get there.
I use a Hudl too. Interesting thing, I have it tethered by usb and it kept failing to connect. Discovered that the last digit of the ip address (required in the setting folders in the plugin so that the game sends the data) of the Hudl changes every couple of days. Must be some kind of security device.

@Calum McLure I could use one of those but a bit bigger to hold the Hudl but I've figured something on a bit of foam.
BTW New Fanatec V2 Wheelbase and f1 rim arrived yesterday! Did my first laps last night.

I use a Hudl too. Interesting thing, I have it tethered by usb and it kept failing to connect. Discovered that the last digit of the ip address (required in the setting folders in the plugin so that the game sends the data) of the Hudl changes every couple of days. Must be some kind of security device.

@Calum McLure I could use one of those but a bit bigger to hold the Hudl but I've figured something on a bit of foam.
BTW New Fanatec V2 Wheelbase and f1 rim arrived yesterday! Did my first laps last night.
Have u had any trouble selecting the pre-sets they don't seem to change. I bet that Fanatec is nice, I use the Thrustmaster F1 wheel on my TRS 500

I changed the pre sets around. Deleted items, added items, enlarged items. Seemed to work ok.

The wheel feels a lot different to the CSR. Just getting used to it.

Ah after reading that I had another play and sussed it out, thanks, I thought there were a few different layouts already setup but I have now added a couple more screens and put some stuff on them and saved them ok, probably need to use it ingame a bit to see what I really need, but after looking in the GUI editor you can see the power of it, as there are so many more options you can put on screen than at first appears.

Now if only it could give me some grip for Sundays race I would be ok :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back