dash is blurry in VR is Samsung Oddessy

I'm new to VR and have setting that are clear and sharp, except for the dash. I can read speeds, but if I flip a page to see tire temps, brake temps, or lap times I physically have to move my head forward to read the dash. I have to use the hud just so I can read this information, but I would like to remove the hud altogether. Any thoughts of what may cause this.

The cause is... VR. VR doesn't have anything like the quality and sharpness of a regular monitor so small details are always going to be hard to see. That especially applies to text. I have the same issue in R3E as well as most other sims (both flight and racing) that I play. I can get away with no HUD in IL-2 because all the dials are analogue but for everything else, I need a HUD too.

The Dash is perfectly readable in my Reverb ;)
But yeah as Goffik says, most VR HMDs aren't good enough in resolution even with SS up high, that's why I went for the Reverb were even at default 100% i can read most things clearly.

• Deleted member 197115

Things on dasboard are readable Odyssey+ here, but I am on 250% SS.
Never used dash though, will check today.

• Deleted member 197115

Never used dash though, will check today.
Activated data HUD, everything crisp and clear. You can also move it around and resize to make bigger, there are also keybinds to move HUD farther or closer in VR, try that.

I think he means the actual dash/motec on the car rather than the HUD. The HUD is perfect for me too, but in many cars it can be hard to read the dials/motec without leaning forwards. I don't run any SS though as my system just can't handle it. Poor thing. :(

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back