Resource icon

Apps Danny Giusa's tyre temperatures 1.6.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Neys submitted a new resource:

Danny Giusa's tyre temperatures V1.5.1 - tyre temperature auto detect app

Features:
  • temperature display, temperature range is automatically adapted to tyre type
  • dirt display
  • wear display
  • temperature range display for one lap
  • pressure display
  • selectable tyre type (if the tyre is not recognized correctly by the app)
  • different app styles (normal and tiny), accessable by a double click on the app (thanks troy for the tiny layout)
Screenshots:

Tiny Layout with / without spinner...

Read more about this resource...

After reviewing the app notes (on the download page), your app looks awesome. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what all the values represent, nor am I aware of what the "spinner" represents, or even what it is.

Sorry for my ignorance, but would you mind uploading a screenshot with, for example, arrows indicating what each value represents, or even just post a more specific explanation regarding what info the app provides and where it can be found?

Also, if you wouldn't mind explaining more about the "spinner"?

I'm only asking because your app looks very useful.

Thanks.

Henk

Unfortunately, I'm not sure what all the values represent, nor am I aware of what the "spinner" represents, or even what it is.

Sorry for my ignorance, but would you mind uploading a screenshot with, for example, arrows indicating what each value represents, or even just post a more specific explanation regarding what info the app provides and where it can be found?

Also, if you wouldn't mind explaining more about the "spinner"?

Hi Michael,

The values shown are the following:

outer upper value: current temperature (°C)
outer mid value: current pressure (psi)
outer lower value: wear (%) as delivered by the AC API (100% = full grip level)
inner upper values: temperature range of current lap
inner lower value: maximum pressure

The "spinner" is the box where you can select the tyre type. Normally the tyre type is selected automatically by the app (for most built-in car / tyre combination), but for mod cars or new cars not yet implemented in the app you get "unknown" as tyre type. In this case you can select a specific tyre by clicking +/-. In square brackets, the optimal temperature range of the selected tyre is displayed, and the minimum temp is mapped to cyan, the maximum temp is mapped to yellow.

HTH

@Neys
I noticed the Formula Abarth hard tyre doesn't get automatically selected because it's listed as "Soft", but has the temp range of the hards.

Neys updated Danny Giusa's tyre temperatures with a new update entry:

Improve customization options / improve wear display accuracy

Looks like there are no updates from KUNOS regarding the optimum temperature ranges of newly added tyres (the thread hasn't been updated since adding La Ferrari). I tried multiple times to beg for this information, but the devs do not seem to care.

Because of that, and because of the great spectrum of mod cars out there, I decided to make it possible to customize the optimum tyre temperature ranges by editing the tyre_temp.ini file. I hope the examples in this file are speaking for...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Neys I seem to be having trouble getting the app to recognise the Cinturato tyres on the Lambo Miura.

I've followed your directions, and in the tyre_temp.ini I've
tyre_2_class = STD
; Specify the tyre name to be displayed in the hud label. Must be a unique name.
tyre_2_display_name = Cinturato
; Specify the maximum optimal temperature in degree Celsius
tyre_2_opt_temp_max = 90
; Specify the minimum optimal temperature in degree Celsius
tyre_2_opt_temp_min = 60
; Specify the name of the tyre here. You can find the name of the last tyre chosen in your py_log.txt.
tyre_2_tyre_name = Vintage Cinturato (V)
But it still shows up as an "unknown" tyre in game. Am I doing something wrong? I suspect I am.

@Neys I seem to be having trouble getting the app to recognise the Cinturato tyres on the Lambo Miura.

I've followed your directions, and in the tyre_temp.ini I've

But it still shows up as an "unknown" tyre in game. Am I doing something wrong? I suspect I am.

post your py_log.txt and your tyre_temp.ini, and I'lll see what might be wrong.

Nice app. Would be good if there was some graphical representation of Tyre Wear rather than just a number. Here's an idea:-
temps_zpsmqoshmdt.png

Hi Bobby,

thanks for these ideas. Unfortunately I'm quite busy at the moment, so it's impossible for me to implement that. I'd be happy to integrate a patch though :)

Greetings, Neys

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 327 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 218 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years