Daniel Ricciardo

His only real comparison is if he can finish above the Virgin drivers in the last few races of the year. Lets face it, the HRT isn't going to out shine anyone at any given race. Put Ayrton Senna in his prime in that car and he would still struggle to gain places.

Damon Hill debuted at ther British GP in the worst car a while ago, then became a world champion... I wouldn't be surprised if Ricciardo did the same.

It's much too early to know what impact Ricciardo will have in the sport. Even though HRT is one of the slow teams, some time at HRT this season doing full race weekends is still better than being only a Friday P1 driver at Toro Rosso. Most F1 drivers start their careers in crappy and/or mid tier teams.

It's much too early to know what impact Ricciardo will have in the sport. Even though HRT is one of the slow teams, some time at HRT this season doing full race weekends is still better than being only a Friday P1 driver at Toro Rosso. Most F1 drivers start their careers in crappy and/or mid tier teams.

I haven't seen as much hype about him joining F1 since Vettel joined the paddock in replacement for Kubica at BMW, I think he's the real deal, I;ve seen him through British F3 all the way up, he is WC material!

After his first full season with Torro Rosso what are your impressions of Ricciardo?

Great Drive through out the season
Highlights: 6th Bahrain Qualification, 6 Point finishes compared to Jean's 4.
but in my view Vergne Impressed than Daniel.
Dan has the One lap pace compared to jean but Jean has the Race pace.

I just saw on the local news here yesterday an interview with Daniel.

He is an ambitious young guy. He has set himself the goal of winning at least 1 World Drivers Championship in F1 over the next 5 years.

From one Aussie to another, I say you go for it Daniel!:thumbsup:

MATESCHITZ HINTS 'EXCELLENT' RICCIARDO TO WIN RED BULL SEAT

Thursday 25 July at 15:35 : Jul.25 (GMM) Daniel Ricciardo on Thursday appeared to move another step closer to landing his dream seat at Red Bull Racing.

After the young Australian tested for the world champion team recently at Silverstone, reports indicated he had moved ahead of Kimi Raikkonen as the favourite to replace the Le Mans-bound Red Bull veteran Mark Webber in 2014.

When asked about next year's currently vacant race seat alongside Sebastian Vettel, team owner Dietrich Mateschitz clearly hinted Toro Rosso driver Ricciardo is at the front of the queue.

The Austrian billionaire did not even mention Finn Raikkonen, whose current team Lotus is pushing hard to convince the laid-back 2007 world champion to stay.

"No decision has been taken yet," Mateschitz is quoted as saying by the AFP, AAP and Sapa news agencies.

"It is still under discussion within the team but it will be announced after Budapest. Ricciardo did an excellent job at Silverstone and Jean-Eric Vergne was good too."

http://www.onestopstrategy.com/dail...ellent%27+Ricciardo+to+win+Red+Bull+seat.html

IIRC Webber had tested the new front wing and said he didn't like it. Only when Vettel needed a wing was there fuss about the situation.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 118 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 432 39.6%