Daniel Ricciardo

Chris Jenkins

Driving til the wheels fall off
Wow, I didn't see this one coming.

Toro Rosso have loaned Daniel Ricciardo to Hispania for the rest of the season in place of Narain Karthikayen.
Karthikayen will not get another drive this year, other than at the debut of the Indian GP in October.

I wonder if Toro Rosso have agreed to this due to Alguersuari stepping his game up a bit.

How could them kick Alguersuari now if he's ahead of Buemi in standings and won him in the last two GP's, when the only arguments on Buemi's favor were .3 seconds in qualifying in previous GP's.

I think this secures the Toro Rosso seats for both of them untill 2012.

Although alguesuari stepped he's game up he's still the one underfire, he's terrible at qualifying compared to buemi, either way this move is good for ricciardo as he can be assesed aganst luizzi a known driver to the redbull programe.

Although this is true, qualifying doesn't score you points. He steps up when it matters, whereas Buemi seems to go backwards on Sundays at the moment.

I think it was good strategy rather then stepping he's game up. Regardless in most cases qualifying is the measure of speed, only exeption to this would be kobayashii who is super fast in race pace but lacks the one lap qualiy pace, but IMO that's down to his super smooth driving style not heating the tyres efficiently.

You've got to think that Red Bull are targetting Ricciardo during his time at Hispania.
They're probably throwing him into the most difficult seat on the grid to see how he responds and develops.

all that hype about how hes gonna be the next vettel and he finishes 52 seconds behind Red bull reject Luizzi i know this is his first race but thats just not good enough hamilton got podium on his first race i hope Germany is better

all that hype about how hes gonna be the next vettel and he finishes 52 seconds behind Red bull reject Luizzi i know this is his first race but thats just not good enough hamilton got podium on his first race i hope Germany is better
So you think Hamilton's debut, where he drove a McLaren somehow means that Ricciardo's debut driving a Hispania was a complete failure??How about using a sense of perspective!Has anyone got stats on Vettel's debut race?

So you think Hamilton's debut, where he drove a McLaren somehow means that Ricciardo's debut driving a Hispania was a complete failure??How about using a sense of perspective!Has anyone got stats on Vettel's debut race?

Very few people have entered the sport driving for a top ranked team like Hamilton did. Most people start in mid level or entry level teams. Jacques Villeneuve is one of the rare people who got to start in a top tier team, but Villeneuve had success in America before joining Williams in 1996 (coming 2nd in his first race in Australia). Vettel came in 8th place in his first race at the 2007 US Grand Prix driving for BMW Sauber (a mid tier team). No comparing Ricciardo driving an HRT with Hamilton in a McLaren is not fair. Put Ricciardo in a better car and he sure as heck will not be coming in last place. Who knows how good Ricciardo is, but people need to give Ricciardo time. I watched the BBC post race coverage yesterday and they interviewed Ricciardo. He seems like a good bloke with a good head on his shoulders.

Well Luizzi has 72 F1 races under his belt and has been driving the HRT all season long. I am not surprised that he finished ahead of Ricciardo yesterday. Luizzi did occasionally finish in the points when he had his ride with Force India. He is a seasoned F1 driver, who just happens to drive in 2011 for one of the crappy teams.

He finished the race, which is a triumph in itself in his first race, on a tricky track, driving a flashy looking milk float. He did alright IMO.

i don't think its fair, as hamilton had a full winter testing with the car he was using for the season, ricciardo went striaght into a GP without ever driven a HRT and to add the how hard it was the only dry lap he set was in qualifying.

he needs a full dry weekend before some progression can start.

I think he did very well for his first ever outing in an F1 car, I think once he has mastered the HRT, every other car will seem easier to drive compared to it as the HRT has the least downforce from all of the F1 Paddock.

As for Hamilton, we got treated like royalty on his way to F1, something I still think is unfair while drivers like Rosberg who I believe has equal raw talent as Hamilton and a cooler head, was thrown into a mid-pack team.

Give the guy a break. The car is a junk, and who the hell knows if it was actually as good as Liuzzi's. Furthermore he didn't have the opportunity to test it before the week-end, and barely had any dry-track time in Free Practice.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 362 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%