Daniel Ricciardo: The Best Overtaker in Formula One?

Well see in a battle with Verstappen.
Rightfully Daniel will move to a wining team before Verstappen so I guess this is the last chance for you to see them "fight". Verstappen needs to try and beat Daniel instead of trying to beat faster cars. He should put his eyes on his team mate more often and take advantage of Daniel's coolness on track.
In other words...follow the leader

So happy for Daniel! He is my favorite racer. Not because he kicks ass on the track; it is how he conducts himself off the track. He is a complete gentlemen about things that would cause me to curse like a Sailor.

Who comes up with this clickbait nonsense? That was a good overtake, but quite far from the "best ever".

It was a good pass but the "Best Ever" occurred later in the day at Long Beach. Sure, Bordais was penalized for putting a tire in the wrong spot but that was the best pass I have ever seen. Then, to back it up he re-passed Dixon after he had to give the position back.

As much as I like the guy, he had a big advantage due to fresh tires (courtesy of lucky timing with the safety car). And one race doesn't make him "The best overtaker in F1".

I think that still has to be Hamilton.

As much as I like the guy, he had a big advantage due to fresh tires (courtesy of lucky timing with the safety car). And one race doesn't make him "The best overtaker in F1".

I think that still has to be Hamilton.
But it hasn’t been just one race has it... he is consistently one of the best..
when was the last time you saw Hamilton overtake 4 people for a win?

And returning to that "best overtaker" thing, you might want to check out the first 5 laps of the 1993 European Grand Prix, held at Donington park, to get an idea what it should stand for.

I am guessing by your avatar that you refer to Aryton Senna. I think you need to review this race to refresh your memory.

It all happened on the first lap.

Senna made 4 passes in wet conditions to lead the race on the second lap. An amazing example of fearless car control by a veteran driver in an era we will not see again. Senna would be killed the following year at Imola in a race that should never have been held due to the serious injury and death of two other drivers prior to race day.

Rubens Barrichello started in 12th position for the 1993 European Grand Prix, and was 4th behind Senna on that first lap.

Who should we consider the best over taker in this race?

The question here is not meant to cover the complete history of F1, that is not possible.Simply a remark on the current crop and how a few stand apart from their peers.

Arrogant presumption on your part.

Cheers

I am remembering Juan Manuel Fangio on the Ring (sorry, I don't remember the year) and... OMG, we are talking about ACTUALLY, It had been repeated some posts ago, right !? ;)

And returning to that "best overtaker" thing, you might want to check out the first 5 laps of the 1993 European Grand Prix, held at Donington Park, to get an idea what it should stand for.

Ok, no disrespect to the dead or you, but that was ONE race. And while Senna was certainly a good overtaker, he was only good because everyone knew if you didn't let him through, he was going to wreck you. And, to be incredibly honest, when you watch his overtakes, while spectacular, make some of Verstappen's moves look sensible. If Senna was in modern F1, I have a nasty feeling he'd end up just like Verstappen. Again, no disrespect to Senna, that man was a god of driving and in the wet made everyone else look like they were driving GP2 cars..... But the reason why he gets SO much credit is because he died.

Please, please, please... don't be outrageous by getting a piece of words in a perfect answer... with an infinite respect. ;)
By the way, the subject is actually. :cool:

No, he earned his respect by winning. Beating the best of his time in some cases with lesser equipment.
I would agree, at the time that was how he earned our respect. Everyone, including me, thought he was the best we'd ever seen. And if he had walked away from that crash, lived a long happy life and had a long career, we'd probably have rated him about the same as we rate Schumacher now.

This poll confirms again the average age of its responders. Psychological, more than anything.

PS: I know it might come as a shock for most of those, but Formula 1 started midway through the 20th century. And in the case you voted yes, it's because you are either a fangirl or lacking some decades of information on the topic. And I truly hope I didn't walk all over your feelings.

And returning to that "best overtaker" thing, you might want to check out the first 5 laps of the 1993 European Grand Prix, held at Donington park, to get an idea what it should stand for.

I believe this question here as it is everywhere else right now is referring to drivers currently on the F1 grid only and not anyone from the past

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back