Dan Wheldon 1978 – 2011

(R.I.P) Dan You Will Always Be In are Minds !!RACE ON!! (R.I.P) all are love to his family in these sad times from all racers in U.k RESPECT i agree stefrenchy at liest hamilton and button F1 sould even go over and do some laps ov honor xxx i know there busy with india looming but would be nice l8ter all :)

I met him a few years ago.

I have to say this is one of the saddest days in Motorsport.
I also Met dan about 6 years ago after he won the indy car title, he visited my local hospital (where i was staying after i tore my ACL) and got some photos and autographs.
i have never been so privlidged to meet such a nice guy he will be missed
this is one of the sadest days in motorsport for me, i olny live like 10 mins where he grew up and ive not felt this sad since senna died

It's the risk that comes along with running cars like these on tracks that are better suited for stock cars. These cars go way too fast through tracks like these and there is no room for error at all when running in packs like they were today.

RIP Dan Wheldon.

[h=6]RIP Dan Wheldon.
You passed doing something you loved. The sight of 19cars doing 5 tribute laps in remembrance of you, while all the spectators and crew were standing in silence was nice to see. Pray that God will be with family and friends at this time, and that this time will be a celebration of your life.
Your life and Indy 500 wins will be remembered.
[/h]

Every driver killed is a great loss to motorsport. It's the one part of the sport we most wish as fans, we could magically make disappear. The timing of Dan's loss...right at the end of the season, makes this even harder to take. Dan seemed like such a nice, humble guy too. Condolence to his family and friends.

It's the risk that comes along with running cars like these on tracks that are better suited for stock cars. These cars go way too fast through tracks like these and there is no room for error at all when running in packs like they were today.

RIP Dan Wheldon.

I also agree on this, too many cars going very fast!

An Dan interview after the Indy 500 win:

Tribute to Dan Wheldon

I would like to pay tribute to Dan Wheldon(R.I.P) who tragically lost his life at an INDY500 event at Las Vegas last night. Let us all unite and pay our respects to a great 2x INDY500 champion.

R.I.P Dan Wheldon, our thoughts are with your family and friends. Love and peace be the journey

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back