Dan Wheldon 1978 – 2011

Wow, this feels weird to watch someone die on TV.

I don't follow Indy but that was terrifying to watch.

RIP, I see no better way for a racer like yourself to go out :(

Agree, i got to see Greg Moore die when i was 15 that got me thinking alot about it for some weeks now being older its easyer to handle with though but still as a racing enthousiastic you are not waiting for this kind of accidents to happen.

Rest In Peace

Two-time Indianapolis 500 winner and 2005 IndyCar Series champion Dan Wheldon has died from his injuries sustained in a crash at the IndyCar Series finale at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, it has been confirmed. He was 33.

It's an incredible sad day as motorsport has suffered an incredible loss. Our thoughts go out to the family and friends of Dan.
dan-wheldon.jpg

I still cant see wich car is Wheldon. Its such a mess.
Onboard view of the car flying is Power right?

Dan was the 2nd car to fly as he got squeezed by 2 car's spinning in the middle lane. He hit the catchfencing cockpit first and the car caught on fire momentarially before coming to a hault. Will Power was the driver who flew the furthest and was at the back of the group involved in the incident.

I saw that accident live and...Just...I KNEW something bad just happened.

As a guy who's a SCCA member, who's volunteered for race events, you don't EVER want to see something like this...It's just bullcrap to me...

Anyway, RIP Dan Wheldon (1978-2010)...I'm going to go work-out, stationary bike, or walk, or something. If I keep thinking about this, I'm going to be sick...

RIP Race In Peace Dan - God Bless You.

Hope that Racing Drivers all around the world will remember you. I hope that F1 Drivers will show your colors during next GP. Lewis and Jenson must pay a tribute... Drivers Do Not Die - They Continue To Race In The Sky Ayrton, Gilles, and all the others, please welcome him with honor, he deserves it

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 422 16.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 282 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 276 10.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 192 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 324 12.8%