Dan Ticktum Dropped From Red Bull Junior Programme

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Dan Ticktum Red Bull Jr Drive Lost.jpg

20-year-old rising British talent Dan Ticktum has lost his Super Formula and association with the Red Bull junior driver programme.

Having endured something of a difficult career in the junior formula, the Red Bull Formula One team handed the Englishman a lifeline in the sport when taking him into their development scheme in 2017, giving the youngster tests in the Formula One car as well as a funded Super Formula drive for the 2019 season.

With Toro Rosso short on young drivers to call upon, Red Bull have made plenty of noise in recent years about Ticktum graduating to Formula One in the near future, something that his 2019 Super Formula season was expected to facilitate as the two-time Macau winner gathered more experience and those all important Super Licence points.

Unfortunately, the current year has been nothing short of a nightmare for Ticktum, the driver never managing to gel with his new car and the series, so much so that a miserable single point is all the he has to his name following the opening three rounds of the season.

With no progress visible in his performances, Red Bull have elected to terminate their association with the driver with immediate effect.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

It's a shame. I've heard he can be difficult to work with, some people despise him, especially after his F4 ban.
But if he's been dropped entirely on performance it seems a bit harsh, he was very nearly F3 euro champion, he can clearly drive... Red Bull killing F1 careers after 3 races does seem to be their trademark though:roflmao:

It's a shame. I've heard he can be difficult to work with, some people despise him, especially after his F4 ban.
But if he's been dropped entirely on performance it seems a bit harsh, he was very nearly F3 euro champion, he can clearly drive... Red Bull killing F1 careers after 3 races does seem to be their trademark though:roflmao:

Red Bull doesn't have any issue with drivers with an attitude like Ticktum certainly has (Ban, F3 rant, F3 Asia talk), but when you have that attitude and struggle bad in F3 Asian Winter Series, which said driver already have pretty much said is below him, and then you have these races in Japan, and again hinting towards something with his car, and not his teammates... Then I can see why RB have had enough.
The fact that he didn't get full backing from RB in his F3 rant should've been a big giant hint for him.

Easy to shoot on the ambulance and Red Bull is used to it.

By the way being dropped by Red Bull is not the end of the world. Vergne, Hartley, Kvyat, Albon, Buemi and some others survived rather well.

Easy to shoot on the ambulance and Red Bull is used to it.

By the way being dropped by Red Bull is not the end of the world. Vergne, Hartley, Kvyat, Albon, Buemi and some others survived rather well.

I've not followed F1 since last season but when they resigned Kvyat, did they have any other choice? I know the other drivers went on to establish themselves in other series but other than, say Wehrlein, who else was available and ready to handle F1?

Well that was a very very harsh decision from a outsider's point of view. Maybe he really pissed off everybody and he had it coming a long time ago? Hope someone could educate me with some background stories.

I also wonder if a driver is not in his best state but he communicates well with the team, will he/she face such cruel decisions or he/she will be given chances before being fired?

Well that was a very very harsh decision from a outsider's point of view. Maybe he really pissed off everybody and he had it coming a long time ago? Hope someone could educate me with some background stories.

I also wonder if a driver is not in his best state but he communicates well with the team, will he/she face such cruel decisions or he/she will be given chances before being fired?

No offense but he is a hot headed arrogant guy. Doesn't deserve the RB support.

His achievements so far: (via reddit)
- Supposed to be Red Bull's next big star
- Get banned for overtaking like 10 cars under safety car to ram your rival off the road
- Come back supposedly matured
- Accuse FIA of rigging F3 championship against you
- Accuse people who post about his ranting on social media of having small p*nises
- Go to Asia to try to get the superlicence points needed for F1. Talk about how you expect to dominate
- Completely fail in Asian F3, and then score 1 measly point in Super Formula while your Red Bull stablemate gets podiums
- Get dropped by Red Bull

I don't feel sorry for him.

- Get banned for overtaking like 10 cars under safety car to ram your rival off the road
- Accuse people who post about his ranting on social media of having small p*nises
- Go to Asia to try to get the superlicence points needed for F1. Talk about how you expect to dominate
- Completely fail in Asian F3, and then score 1 measly point in Super Formula while your Red Bull stablemate gets podiums

Reddit be reddit obviously, but that's hilarious if it weren't so stupid.

Sounds like Devon Butler was accurately modelled in F1 2019, then.

Thanks for the info. He indeed had it coming. I think the term "dickhead" might be an understatement. Maybe we should use "cancer", instead?:roflmao:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 410 40.0%