DamageFile

In the .hdv file there is the "DamageFile" entry which point to a specific file file for a car (usually all the cars in a mod have the same "damagefile".
My question is if that file may can also change in any way the behaviour/handling of the car during the practice/qualy/race or it only manages what happens in a crash or collision with opponents ?
In other words if I change anything in the damagefile should I expect a any change in the "physics" behaviour of the car ?

Is there any link/tutorial which explain what and how the parameters in the damagefile change anything ?

In the .hdv file there is the "DamageFile" entry which point to a specific file file for a car (usually all the cars in a mod have the same "damagefile".
My question is if that file may can also change in any way the behaviour/handling of the car during the practice/qualy/race or it only manages what happens in a crash or collision with opponents ?
In other words if I change anything in the damagefile should I expect a any change in the "physics" behaviour of the car ?

Is there any link/tutorial which explain what and how the parameters in the damagefile change anything ?

I think it only has an effect on the handling in a crash or collision, I see no parameters that would change the car behaviour without an accident taking place unfortunately.
Things that affect the handling (tyre wear, fuel load etc) are all modelled in other files, the TBC, HDV and engine files.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 360 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%