Damage model In ACC

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has seen anything about how crash damage will be treated in acc.

With iRacing's latest development I'm hoping that sim developers are finally in a position to devote some time to modelling damage in a more realistic way.

Has anyone who's played the ACC demo seen any damage model?

Thanks,
Vern

Last edited:
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has seen anything about how crash damage will be treated in acc.

With iRacing's latest development I'm hoping that sim developers are finally in a position to devote some time to modelling damage in a more realistic way.

Has anyone who's played the ACC demo seen any damage model?

Thanks,
Vern

Are you on the iRacing forums?

Recognise your formal signature!

I'm interested in damage model too. Don't want to praise irenting for anything as I think it's massively overpriced for what it is, but the damage model even if flawed for some is spot on. I have had binned it many times and had to limp my wreck to the pits for a long repair. Some may think it's not "fun" to have such serious consequences in a game, but it sure made me think twice before doing anything risky or stupid.
In general I think a properly punishing damage model is crucial for something that tries to simulate any form of Motorsport as it adds the fear factor which is rather lacking while sitting in your char/rig.

I'm interested in damage model too. Don't want to praise irenting for anything as I think it's massively overpriced for what it is, but the damage model even if flawed for some is spot on. I have had binned it many times and had to limp my wreck to the pits for a long repair. Some may think it's not "fun" to have such serious consequences in a game, but it sure made me think twice before doing anything risky or stupid.
In general I think a properly punishing damage model is crucial for something that tries to simulate any form of Motorsport as it adds the fear factor which is rather lacking while sitting in your char/rig.
Couldn't agree more.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back