Dallara P217 (LMP2) #47 Cetilar Racing 2019-20

Skins Dallara P217 (LMP2) #47 Cetilar Racing 2019-20 1.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
haasje33 submitted a new resource:

Oreca 07 (Dallara P217 - LMP2) #47 Cetilar Racing - The 2019-20 Cetilar Racing WEC LMP2 car for rFactor 2

Game: rFactor 2
Team: Cool Racing
Championship: FIA World Endurance Championship
Class: LMP2
Car model: Oreca 07 (DLC)
Car name: Dallara P217 #47 Cetilar Racing
AI driver name: Andrea Belicchi
View attachment 360320View attachment 360321View attachment 360322View attachment 360323View attachment 360324

The download contains 2 variants of the skin, allowing you to choose if you want regular WEC season number plates or Le Mans specific number plates.

The...

Read more about this resource...

I am a regular user of your great skins and an experienced rF2 mod user but for some reason I am having difficulty with ths car skin and your #42 Cool Racing skin. After downloading and unpacking these skins and installing them as I have with all the other Oreca 07 skins I've been collecting, they don't show up on the UI car selection area for the Oreca 07. I've checked the downloaded driver name resource folders where the various skin files and other associated files are located and have opened the other file that comes with your mods (using notepad) to see if they are similar to the other the Oreca 07 car skins I have and they look very similar so I really don't know what is happening. Can you offer any tips on what might be happening or where I can find these car skins in game? THey are really nice skins and I'd like to be able to run them in rF2.

I am a regular user of your great skins and an experienced rF2 mod user but for some reason I am having difficulty with ths car skin and your #42 Cool Racing skin. After downloading and unpacking these skins and installing them as I have with all the other Oreca 07 skins I've been collecting, they don't show up on the UI car selection area for the Oreca 07. I've checked the downloaded driver name resource folders where the various skin files and other associated files are located and have opened the other file that comes with your mods (using notepad) to see if they are similar to the other the Oreca 07 car skins I have and they look very similar so I really don't know what is happening. Can you offer any tips on what might be happening or where I can find these car skins in game? THey are really nice skins and I'd like to be able to run them in rF2.
Strange, I'll try to help you out to the best of my abilities. Just to verify, you have copied the UserData folder to your installation directory, right?

I should point out that the car description in the selection menu isn't Oreca 07 #XX, but Dallara P217 #XX, so it should be in the Oreca 07 menu, but at the very top of the menu.

In case that isn't the issue: do you have any other mods installed? rFactor 2 uses the driver name as index, which means that any duplicate driver names won't show up. Therefore the first thing I'd suggest is to check if you have any other mods or skins installed with the driver names Andrea Belicchi or Nicolas Lapierre. Especially Lapierre is a common name in mods, so that could be the problem.

Other than that, I can't think of anything that should prevent it from showing up in-game.

Have checked the rF2 folder for any other instances of those names. Nothing. I do see that rcd file points to a .mas file rather than a .dds file that I see in the "Nicolas Lapierre" folder. Other cars show a .dds file for the "skin= " script. I also see no reference to a class in the rcd file. I see the VEH files points to ORECA07PRE192BE062.VEH and that other skins include other Oreca 07 VEH files.. I'm a bit obsessive when it comes to getting things to work in game - more of a hobby now as well. Especially when other skins I find and install pop up with no problem.

Alright, that made the issue clear for me. The problem lies in the .mas suffix, which indeed should be .dds.
I will release an update for both skins in a few minutes.

Have checked the rF2 folder for any other instances of those names. Nothing. I do see that rcd file points to a .mas file rather than a .dds file that I see in the "Nicolas Lapierre" folder. Other cars show a .dds file for the "skin= " script. I also see no reference to a class in the rcd file. I see the VEH files points to ORECA07PRE192BE062.VEH and that other skins include other Oreca 07 VEH files.. I'm a bit obsessive when it comes to getting things to work in game - more of a hobby now as well. Especially when other skins I find and install pop up with no problem.
FYI...during my diagnotics and earlier attmepts to see if I could get the skin to appear, I tried doing that change myself to that script in the rcd file and still could not see the skin in game. I will download your latest update to see if I have any better luck. Thanks for your time and efforts....

That is very strange indeed. All should be fine now. They work fine over here.

I know it’s a cliche solution, but could you try uninstalling rFactor 2, removing the game directory by hand (thus removing all mods and remaining files), then reinstall the game and only install the skins. I know it’s a lot of effort, but that’s the only way to know if there’s not a problem caused by a corrupted installation or any other mod.

I am having the same problem as Ray Lord with the #42 Cool Racing skin as it fails to appear in the car selection menu. All other WEC LMP2 cars are OK (including the #47 Cetilar Racing) so I'll check to see if I have a duplicate Nicolas Lapierre somewhere.

Am I checking mods from the workshop, rfcmp packages or just loose skins for a duplicate name? I have the EnduRacers Endurance Series installed from the workshop and I suspect there might be Nicolas Lapierre in there somewhere.

Great work btw!

Yes, Lapierre is definitely in the EnduRacers mod, so that’s why my skin won’t show up In your case.

If you open “<game directory>\UserData\player\Settings\Oreca_07_LMP2_2017\42 Cool Racing.rcd“ with Notepad, you can change the driver name in there. You also need to change the name of the folder “Nicolas Lapierre” to the name you chose in the .rcd file.

That did the trick guys! I renamed the driver name folder and made the related change to the .rcd file and I now see both the #42 and #43 cars! Super! Thank you for expanding my rF2 knowledge.

Yes, Lapierre is definitely in the EnduRacers mod, so that’s why my skin won’t show up In your case.

If you open “<game directory>\UserData\player\Settings\Oreca_07_LMP2_2017\42 Cool Racing.rcd“ with Notepad, you can change the driver name in there. You also need to change the name of the folder “Nicolas Lapierre” to the name you chose in the .rcd file.

Awesome - thank you for replying, I'll try that when I have the chance.

Keep up the good work!

Edit: Yep - that did the trick. As Ray Lord said, you learn something new about rF2 all the time.

Thanks again!

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back