AC Dallara F317 @ Algarve - Wednesday August 14th 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
RACEDEPARTEMENT_2k.png

Please reply in this thread and come join us this Wednesday 8/14 for some fun club racing!

Our goal is to put fun first and competition second, there are plenty of places to compete but this venue will serve members who are looking for a community that is focused on fun clean racing.

Eligibility: You must be a PREMIUM member. You must also be using your FULL REAL NAME in any of the RD servers, on Teamspeak, in Assetto Corsa and on this board.

Join us: Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here (TEAMSPEAK IS MANDATORY )

To Join the team speak just Click "teamspeak" in the blue bar at the top of this page, join the assetto corsa chat channel once in TS.

Teamspeak Installation Guide: click here
(Handy guide to setup teamspeak)
Tracks, Cars, Apps Installation Guide: click here (Handy guide to install non AC MOD content)
Racing Club Rules: click here
Incident Reporting: click here

Race Hard But Race Fair - RESPECT Your Fellow Driver. If you bump someone off slow and wait for them this is the "golden rule" of race department events.

Practice Server: IS UP
RaceDepartment.com US Practice WED

Race Server:

RaceDepartment.com US Race WED

To find servers search "racedepartment"

Car: MOD content will be required to participate in this event.

Track: MOD content will be required to participate in this event.

Layout: GP
Track Temps: 24c
Track Conditions: Mid Clear

Pitstop: None
Driving Assists: ABS / Traction Control
Jump Start: = Drive Through
Fuel consumption = 100%
Tire consumption = 100%
Damage rate =15%
Tire blankets = on

Highly Recommended App: Helicorsa 0.7B Download
Highly Recommended App For VR
: Top/Center Flags Download

Schedule (US): Wednesday 8/14
Practice: 21:00 EST (10 minutes)
Qualifying: 21:10 EST (15 minutes)
Race: 21:25 EST (20 minutes)

1.jpg

Entry List :

Last edited:
Hmmm.....Tough Track with lots of blind corners.

I'm not sure whether I have the correct car version installed or not. When will the practice server be up so that I can check?

Thanks.
Bert

@Bobby Pennington explain to a dumb Mick - what's a Huckleberry :)
Well Mick, coming from a Hick, for me it's always meant Huckleberry Finn from the Mark Twain writings, but it did have other meaning to me as well. When we were kids we'd say that's my Huckleberry or in sports when someone was getting a little to big for their britches and called somebody out or needed taken down a notch or two, one of us would step up and say I'm your Huckleberry. In other words, pick on me. Didn't know you were going to get a history lesson or a Thesaurus on the word from a Southern boy did you:roflmao:

So Mick, educate a Hick on the slight on the Irish people by calling them a Mick. We may need to go out and spread a little Huckleberry love:sneaky::D

@Keith_G where are your old bones at? You're probably on a mountain bike, camping, hang gliding, bungee jumping or some other crazy thing that only someone that's senile would do:roflmao: but if your around it'd be nice to get on track with you again. Hope you've had a great summer man. Sorry I haven't been around as much, but the docs have been trying to kill me off:cautious::cautious:

@Bobby Pennington "Mick" isn't much of a slight...mainly comes from so many Irish people being called Michael (nothing to do with Jordan!) kind of like "Paddy" for Patrick (Pádraig). There's far worse of course, "stupid Mick" is a common slur to hear that will definitely rustle a few feathers! Don't hear that hear but I heard it a lot in England.

Scott, I have a weird thing in Content Manager where if I have the "ideal weather" checkbox selected, I have to unselect and reselect it every time I relaunch the game or the weather conditions will change to "random" even though they are greyed out because "ideal weather" is selected. And to make it even better, even though it says random, it is actually raining every single time, although the time of day seems to be random. So basically, if I have ideal weather selected and fail to cycle the checkbox every time I launch the game, it will be raining on a random time of day. Maybe you're having a similar issue?

Anyway, like I said, I'm out of town all next week, so I'll miss this one, but if anyone streams it I'll try to watch at least. Hope you guys have fun!

Hey Scott - I didn't mean to give the impression that I'm in (yet), although I probably will be. I'll let you know for sure before racetime.

But first - does anyone have any tips to learning this freakin' circuit? Cripes, there are so many blind approaches with late or double apexes! I keep missing the last left-hander unless I almost come to a stop!

And even the AI can't get thru Turn 1 cleanly! :D

For the hard left after the hill there are 2 boxes on the left. I use those as markers and brake just after those 2 boxes. the AI line is not optimized for this track...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Scott - I didn't mean to give the impression that I'm in (yet), although I probably will be. I'll let you know for sure before racetime.

But first - does anyone have any tips to learning this freakin' circuit? Cripes, there are so many blind approaches with late or double apexes! I keep missing the last left-hander unless I almost come to a stop!

Laps laps and more laps, only way to learn a layout :thumbsup:

.....and ( I forgot to add), FWIW to my eyes, there aren't a lot of visual cues on this circuit - especially towards the end of the lap.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 87 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 61 6.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 125 13.7%