Dakar 21 - The Game

I liked Dakar 18 a lot, did all rally + dlc rally, though all with the Trucks. Imo the trucks seemed to have the best gameplay. With the cars you needed to overdrive a lot, and in the beginning the buggy not worked correctly. Also the damage system was strange with percentage. How you can repair a tyre from 55% to 100%? On the other side the navigation was pretty good and unique. Some say you need to stay on the right path, but as long you there is no waypoint, you can have also a lot your own direction.

Physics were pretty bad, it seemed the grip levels were much to high. Real trucks and cars are able to drift and surfing on dunes. That wasnt really possible in Dakar 18.

But overall i enjoyed the game with the trucks and had an amazing experience :) So I am looking forward to the coming edition of the game and what steps they made. also looking forward especially towards which cars and trucks will be in the game. I see the Big Shock Iveco, so I also hope that Team De Rooy Iveco from 2020 are in the game this time (as the 2020 edition is in the game). And in the end I hope the 2022 edition and some other Cross Country DLC will come to the game. Especially with big name Audi coming also in the 2022, Team De Rooy returns in both classic and normal classes. Also I wonder if the new Dakar Classic will come in the game. :)

Watched the daily 30 minute highlights show of this years event. The drive, stamina and sheer guts of the competitors is astounding.

I look forward to blasting thru Saudi Arabia soon.

Wheel physics? It's deep SAND!

I remember Dakar 18 also has some magnificent screenshots before release :geek:
And when it finally came out ...almost everyone feel pretty disappointed.
Guess we'll never know before having the game in our hands
and test the physics and all the other stuff.
Fingers crossed.

I've bought dakar18 months ago for almost nothing, I've always been curious about it, not used to this discipline and because of the real setting (although not on 1:1 scale). It must have been a lot of.work. unfoetunately I never had time to get into it but it seemed fun, as long as I knew I couldn't expect sim physics.

I'm pretty sure the developers had time to improve the experience, especially considering the collaboration with a company well known for its "dirt trucks" titles (don't know how it is called!). Wzll, I hope so, because the first title fot bad reviews and there is no reason the new game would get be better reviews if they don't change the direction of the title. I'm pretty confident, be positive...

Is that something they said or your assumption? The first game used UE4.
There is a video on Reddit where they say that the new Dakar game will profit from the physics the other Saber Interactive games have. https://www.reddit.com/r/DakartheGame/

Am I the only one who hates to see game engines being monopolized? UE4 is a nightmare for modding.
Are there any modern engines that are more suitable for modding? I think many devs don't want mods at all because they can introduce bugs players will blame them for and who wants to pay for DLC when you can get new tracks, vehicles, liveries etc. for free?

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 354 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years