Dakar 21 - The Game

Sometimes you have to create a market...but in this case I don't think that it's a sidestep...it has sim elements and it doesn't go hardcore so casual racers might find it appealing as well.

I think there's basically a market for every type of game as long as the game is good enough. DiRT Rally 1 sold way more than anyone could expect. Motorsport Manager likewise.
As long as the game is good, and there is a gap in the market for it. It will have a fair amount of sales. I really hope Dakar21 nails it! :)

I mean, just think of it. RD-Dakar Championship! 60-70 cars on stages that lasts for 30-40 minutes, proper livestream etc. :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Last edited:
Personally dont think the first game was all that bad. Played it with a gamepad as had issues with wheel on it and seemed it was geared more towards console/gamepad users

And imagine the amount of GB required for such long stages, my SSD would cry in agony :D

Another thing; educate me a little here; Epic is the same thing as Steam, just 'different'?

Didn't the first game have stages that took 20-30 minutes to drive? I refunded the game so I don't remember.

Epic is like Steam with less features. It's a storefront and it's a game launcher.

Personally dont think the first game was all that bad. Played it with a gamepad as had issues with wheel on it and seemed it was geared more towards console/gamepad users
Which was the main issue with DAKAR 18 and a BIG one! It didnt have proper controller support from the beginning, which you know, is probably THE most important thing in a racing game...!

Didn't the first game have stages that took 20-30 minutes to drive? I refunded the game so I don't remember.

Epic is like Steam with less features. It's a storefront and it's a game launcher.
No idea, never bought it because of the no wheel support.

So like Steam then. Steam may be a monopoly of sorts, but it works, no need for competition.

No idea, never bought it because of the no wheel support.

So like Steam then. Steam may be a monopoly of sorts, but it works, no need for competition.

I used a controller because I wanted (and still want) some more pick-up games where I can just get out the xBox controller, lean back and chill for a little while :)

Always need for competition. Just actually make a competition.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Dakar 21. The first one was a flawed gem - it did many interesting and unique things, but sadly delivered them in a fairly flawed package, so many didn't even get to experience them. (And I think that some extremely scathing reviews and first looks from popular simracing people also hurt the game a lot.) But tbh, screenshots are more or less useless, because it wasn't graphics that was the problem with the original game (I mean it was sometimes a bit too "kitsch" looking, but people usually don't mind that).

And yes, it had stages over 30 minutes long, quite a few of them. In fact I think the longest were close to 50 minutes if I remember correctly.

(Also, I think I may never understand the huge amount of antipathy people seem to have to Epic Store. It's just another storefront. Yes, it does exclusive deals, but it's still on the same platform, unlike with console exclusivity. And developers also get a larger cut on Epic compared to Steam. I think people idealize Steam a bit too much and at the same time vilify Epic to an unreasonable degree. Also Epic gives away games for free frequently, and not just garbage bin games too, and they have pretty solid sales and coupons and such.)

Last edited:
A few things that the devs has said in the Facebook comments of their posts:

Physics is the #1 thing they're looking at revising this game allegedly

The game will feature both the 2020 and 2021 Dakars

There will be some sort of custom team creation, although there's not in depth details on it

Dakar 18 is nice and cool with the right hardware, best raid xperience in my simlife

Triple screen, H patern, informative Ffb, but only with selected HW.
Now im waiting a GIMX adapter to be able to Drive with new wheel and pedal.

Considering the complexity of the roads, the different classes and the physics which must be at a very high level, one should not be too demanding with this game either.

If the Dirt team would take this licence with the same love (and financial means) as the old games, then yes, we can talk seriously.

Thanks to Peterhansel, Mister Dakar and the other drivers to make me dream on these different roads, continents, long life to the Dakar.

1611215167886.png

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 207 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%