Featured DAKAR 18 Update 11 Released

Discussion in 'Dakar 18' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +19,338
    DAKAR 18 Update 11.jpg
    DAKAR 18 developers Bigmoon Studios have released the 11th update for their official 2018 DAKAR rally simulation.

The new release, deployed across both the PC and console platforms earlier today, contains a number of useful fixes and improvements to the game, and for the first time welcomes the inclusion of both a French and Spanish language co-driver - a blessed relief no doubt for those of us who tire of the overly enthusiastic American teammate making the calls in game currently...

Other update highlights include further customisation options for quick race settings relating to time of day and weather, and some minor animation tweaks to the all important roadbook navigation system within the title.

The full V11 update changelog can be seen in full below:

New Features
    • Added the French co-pilot voice audio
    • Added the Spanish co-pilot voice audio
    • Added custom time-of-day selection on “Quick Race”, so it is now possible to select the time of day before starting a “Quick Race”
    • Added custom weather selection on “Quick Race”, so it is now possible to select the Weather, Weather Forecast and Weather Forecast Delay before starting a “Quick Race”

Features improved
    • Improved: In a Treasure Hunt / Multiplayer, players now also receive a UI information when another player finds a treasure
    • Improved: Top bar now displays more relevant information when in split screen mode (name of menu - player in control)
    • Improved: Sound effect when starting the treasure hunt celebration
    • Improved: Player's vehicle automatically enables wipers and headlights if necessary when entering a race
    • Improved: RoadBook rotation animation

General Issues fixed
    • Fixed: Achievements weren’t possible to trigger for Winner in Peru, Bolivia and Argentina
    • Fixed: Achievements weren’t possible to trigger for Peruvian, Bolivian and Argentine Legend
    • Fixed: Potential crash when playing with Peugeot 3008 DKR
    • Fixed: Second special of stage 10 didn’t have fences and crowds
    • Fixed: RoadBook notes on the Game Menu would not change when using the Simplified RoadBook
    • Fixed: On “Quick Race” and “Multiplayer”, if a Waypoint was validated, UI would get confused showing Dakar Points
    • Fixed: Rain particles would not be presented if a level started without rain

DAKAR 18 is available for £39.99 on Steam now.

To keep in touch with all the latest news from this simulation, and to share the excitement with your fellow fans of the great event, be sure to check out the Dakar 18 sub forum right here at RaceDepartment.com!

Like what you see here at RD? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Instagram
    Youtube
    Twitch

• Like Like x 6
  2. apex11

apex11

Ratings:
    +447
    It's also available for £15 on instant gaming.

3. Slowdive

Slowdive

Ratings:
    +57
    I don't want to be rude, but what is up with all these silly press releases and not a word on the front page about Sol for Assetto Corsa? That is the biggest news in sim racing this year. Why no coverage?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. omanrak

omanrak

Ratings:
    +45
    I don't expect a cheap shader mod to make it to the 1st page.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +19,338
    @Slowdive

Because I’ve not had time to look / install and test it yet :)

One day soon, but atm I’m rammed out with stuff to get done, and basically have zero time free :D

• Beer Beer x 6
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Solyne

Solyne
    Premium

Ratings:
    +19
    It is so odd to see this just now, Update 1.1 was released on Dec 21. Unless this has to do with the consoles here in the US, I remember hearing somewhere that PS4 Consoles were not updated until recently.

7. Alex72

Alex72

Ratings:
    +418
    Like Paul said above - swamped.

8. Slowdive

Slowdive

Ratings:
    +57
    Fair enough.

9. MarkR

MarkR

Ratings:
    +429
    Well surprisingly I’m moderately impressed with Dakar 18, picked it up super cheap with DLC, and I know I’m joining late to the party but in its latest state it’s playable and works pretty well from what I’ve seen so far.

I’m sure there are many issues but I’m impressed with the sheer scale of the task the devs have taken on. The stages are massive, not since the likes of the old RAC rally games have we had, to my knowledge, truly epic rally stages. Not many car games I can think of that allow driving and out of car driver movement, for example to rescue another competitor. Not that many games would need that but it’s that different approach that I like. The graphics and framerate are better than I expected from the reviews too.

It’s definitely not a game for everyone, its as much a thinking/navigation game as racing. I’m enjoying the challenge of the map book and compass headings on normal mode. Easy difficulty is a bit too easy imo but that next objective marker is something games have these days.

I’ve encountered some issues too. The co-driver/Nav sometimes stops talking at crucial points - reload the checkpoint and he (mostly) miraculously returns. Wheel FFB is basic - only 360 DOR is aligned and the feedback in the wheel is not quite as good as Forza Horizon 4 but it’s definitely useable.

Maybe I’m easily pleased but having played rallying games for many years I think this has potential. Sure it’s a rough diamond - only buy it knowing some patience is required to enjoy it - but at its core It’s different, in many ways a unique experience and the devs have taken some risks and I like that. Worth picking up in the £15-20 range if you are looking for something different imo.

• Beer Beer x 1
  10. Solyne

Solyne
    Premium

Ratings:
    +19
    Couple things, if he says, for example, "1K right to CAP 270." and you go 2K, odds are you missed it, do not wait till 10Ks out and he tells you.

If it is not a waypoint, make the turn where you believe it is and continue and almost always you will find the waypoint when you get there.

Also, there are now a few teams of human pilot and human navigator. To get in on this, download the Dakar 18 Roadbook App on phone or tablet, and find a partner. This is more fun than you can imagine. If you want you can see some videos on my channels, click my icon to find them.

If you need a hand, or want some MP or just want to talk to the real fans of this game, and /or the DEVs join Discord Dakar 18 channel and don't be shy.

Good luck out there in the Dunes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  11. MarkR

MarkR

Ratings:
    +429
    Thanks that’s a big help, I’ll check out your YouTube and join the Discord. I’m enjoying the learning process in the game, it’s a real challenge and 39 minute stages are good with me.

12. MarkR

MarkR

Ratings:
    +429
    I'm having fun with Dakar 18 so I'll add this video here in case there are others like me who were dissuaded by the negative reviews. I didn't really know how the game played but after a few stages I'm getting the hang of the navigation system.

For me it's both a fun experience, different and a concentration challenge. There is plenty of value here once the initial navigation learning curve is understood.

13. Solyne

Solyne
    Premium

Ratings:
    +19
    Just wait till you see the real variety, the difference between Peru Bolivia and Argentina, I am very happy you are enjoying this... for me it was an amazing experience my first time through

• Beer Beer x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.