Featured DAKAR 18 In Game Screenshot Revealed!

Discussion in 'Dakar 18' started by Paul Jeffrey, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +17,922
    DAKAR 18 in game screenshot.jpg
    We've been waiting a while and now it's here, the very first in game screenshot from the upcoming DAKAR 18 game!

Taken during sunset conditions out on the stages between Pisco and Marcona in Peru, this first WIP screenshot of DAKAR 18 comes as something of a surprise considering the developers wished to hold back in game footage until at least March, and goes some way to assuring fans that it appears the new DAKAR Rally title will be nothing if not a looker when it releases later this year.

We at RaceDepartment are curious to see what new developers Blue Moon Studios have in store for DAKAR 18, and we think the best way to find out what the plans are is simple - ask! So with that in mind, over the next day or two I'll be in touch with the devs to pose a bunch of questions about the future for this title and development team. If you want us to ask anything on your behalf, be sure to leave your questions in the comments to this article, or in the comments HERE.

Be quick, I'll be talking to them very, very soon..!

DAKAR 18 is scheduled to release 2018 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

To keep in touch with all the latest news from this simulation, and to share the excitement with your fellow fans of the great event, be sure to check out the brand new Dakar 18 sub forum right here at RaceDepartment.com!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
    RaceDepartment Twitter
    RaceDepartment Facebook
    RaceDepartment Twitch
    RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to DAKAR 18? What do you think of the first in game shot? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 3
    • Haha Haha x 3
  2. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,415
    noooooooo
    sun shots are the worst kind of screenshots u can take, its pretty but cant really see anything

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  3. mantasisg

mantasisg

Ratings:
    +1,795
    Not true, blur screenshots are the worst for observing graphics.

But that one is close to that... I look at some stuff, and I am not sure what I am looking at.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. farjam

farjam

Ratings:
    +123
    what's this supposed to mean?:unsure:
    what it can show to us? that they are afraid of showing us some informative in-game screenshot so they decide to show us the most uninformative scene? ok, they are the devs and they like to keep their project secret to the release date,it's their right! but a sunset screenshot ! it could be nice if the game was a walking/sightseeing simulator :geek:
    after reading the title i thought cool i'll see some in-game screenshots containing/showing cars [in action! not at something like a showroom] and roads's graphic quality...
    not showing a sunset screenshot to us as a in-game screenshot of a "racing game" would be the best strategy ,it's like trolling, i was not optimistic about it , and now i have more doubts about its real quality:D

P.s i'm not so serious:p and i'll buy it anyway , i like to support every devs who make racing games or sims

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 4
  5. gamer19

gamer19

Ratings:
    +560
    Realistic physic, obviously. :rolleyes:

• Haha Haha x 2
  6. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,620
    :laugh::) You are a tough crowd...

I got a magnifying glass out and I can see a bike....honest! :D

• Haha Haha x 3
    • Beer Beer x 1
  7. Warren Schembri

Warren Schembri
    Premium

Ratings:
    +381
    Never thought possible but I am seeing a lot and nothing at the same time

• Haha Haha x 3
  8. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Moving Chicane Premium

Ratings:
    +3,493
    Setting sun and stars in the sky at the same time...they're obviously going for the realism factor ;)

• Haha Haha x 2
  9. Knoxstar

Knoxstar

Ratings:
    +130
    Paul, I'd like to know if there will be a demo for us or at least for RD and others to give us some idea what the physics and graphics will be like?

Also are they developing this as a sim, an arcade or some of both?

10. A3DR

A3DR
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,888
    I bet this is some kind of joke, after seeing all those mock-ups of what the game could be... we get this NOTHING screenshot without even a vehicle in it? :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. el_mattpro

el_mattpro

Ratings:
    +91
    MMM.... that grass looks really bad and the tree also. I think this will be 50% of the Engine graphics we receive before.
    Sry about the bad english

12. LEDzZzEPP

LEDzZzEPP

Ratings:
    +21
    If we take in count the way this game have been showed to the community (i mean by the developers), this going to be a total bull$hit of game, lot of lies around

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. @apocapollo

@apocapollo

Ratings:
    +93
    Honestly I expect it to look on-par with Milestone's latest games. Maybe a little worse. They're both using Unreal, but Milestone has more experience. So those CGI trailers and renderings are absolutely going to be bullshots, could've seen that coming a mile away. But it's still possible that the game will look fine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Durge Driven

Durge Driven

Ratings:
    +227
    lol some real comedians in here :laugh:

Will it have 300+ entrants ( 2018 - 335) and what PC will run it ? :roflmao:

15. BrainsBush

BrainsBush

Ratings:
    +106
    Driving like Tim & Tom (Coronel) should be fun.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Helmut Skrdla

Helmut Skrdla
    Premium

Ratings:
    +250
    I'm at the point where I wouldn't buy this game based on their stupid pre-release trickery.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. er185

er185

Ratings:
    +51
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. mopro

mopro

Ratings:
    +72
    Mario Kart too? :laugh:

19. mantasisg

mantasisg

Ratings:
    +1,795
    What are those weird shadows ? Clouds shadows ?

20. RMR1

RMR1
    Rainer Maria Rosemaier Premium

Ratings:
    +164
    I think it’s just different sand colours.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.