I wonder if Tom Coronel's WTCR involvement precludes his image being in this game. Raceroom may have dibs.
Could be or not.
According to the devs this is the inicial platform for the series... their idea is to add more vehiches, bikes and drivers to Dakar 19, Dakar 20 and so on... As an example they didnt had the papers from Iveco in time, so no Iveco in Dakar 18. For me its a good starting point in terms of the competitors list, Of the more popular misses Prokop, the Iveco trucks, Al Qassimi, Fuchs, the Coronel brothers, Alvarez and Przygonski . For me it would already be pretty good with the factory teams + the top 20. But let them first focus on the physics because that is the most important part

Tinkering with a model several times doesn't make several vehicles imo, just like TT.
13 bikes? Why not say 4 + skins.
TT got me that way and I wasn't too impressed.
I drive a different car in the summer because I change the tyre pressures and have sunglasses on the dash?
Anyway, can't wait to see which paint is fastest...upgrade heaven!

It's early, forgive me :coffee:

Not so much.
I was excited. Somewhat anyway. Until the videos came out. At that time it was clear it was gonna be more at the arcade side. Unless of course it will change. The steering wheel not moving in that harsh terrain looks weird. The physics from the bumpy ground also look too simple.

Not sure how arcade handling with realistic map reading will go down for the gamers. The big market casuals will like the arcade part but will they like reading maps in a realistic way? I think this game would really be something amazing if it had great physics and FFB plus the map reading. Could been exciting as hell. Maybe even getting punctures from banging too hard into rocks and having to go out and change a tire. But for me it has to have close to real physics or it will get boring too fast. Only real physics driving such long stages would make it fun where you have to avoid certain things and pushing over jumps that you are confident you can take without breaking stuff or falling over etc. Going down sandy hills slowly with the foot on the brakes etc would been amazing with proper physics.

Oh well. I have a feeling its not going to be like that.

I wonder if Tom Coronel's WTCR involvement precludes his image being in this game. Raceroom may have dibs.
Actually the Coronel buggy was part of the Dakar mobile game that came out during the rally. I could imagine that the devs of this game wanted to get the biggest driver grid with a low amount of work. So they did vehicles that were driven by a lot of crews (like the Peugeot and the Mini) but not such vehicles that were driven by only one team such as the Coronel's buggy.

Licensing agreements like this are cancer.

Back when EA had the NASCAR license, there were seasons where race-winning drivers were completely left out for this reason.

Not really comparable though, as in the US you'd need to get agreements which each team, manufacturer and driver separately. In virtually any other place you get the license for the whole championship, and that's it.

Cool, had no idea. Janne Ahonen is racing Top Fuel dragsters, so perhaps racing is not so rare among ski jumpers after all :)

It's the adrenaline-kick! I know the Norwegian ski-jump team was VIP guests at Monaco due to BWT sponsoring FI and the Ski Jumpers, a couple of the guys are really in to racing.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 137 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 190 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 375 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 516 38.9%