• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Daisy Chain or not? Triple screen

Discussion in 'Computech' started by ITZtheBLITZ, Jun 13, 2019.

1. ITZtheBLITZ

ITZtheBLITZ

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, new to the forum and looking for a little advice.
    I've been scouring the internet and cannot seem to find the info I need in regards to the subject.

I'm just about to upgrade my whole racing rig and go with a 1920 x 1080 27inch triple screen set up and I'd like keep the refresh rate above 100hz, the only problem is I am running a MSI 1080ti and there is only 2 Display ports, 2 x HDMI and 1 DVI-D . I could run the 2 DP's and then use a DVI-D but I also have a Asus pg348q and an Rift S, so by the time the build is done the whole set up will need 5 display ports. There's ways around this but ideally I'd like to just use the 1 display port for the 3 monitors on the racing rig.

What I want to know is if there is any advantages or disadvantages to running the monitors in a daisy chain (MST) set up? I really don't want to hinder any performance from the 3 monitors by doing this so will daisy chaining lower the refresh rate or response time at 1080p?

Apologies for my naivety or if I've missed any info but I thought this would be the best place to ask.

Any help is welcomed and appreciated!

Thanks!

2. Jeremy Ford

Jeremy Ford
    Premium

Ratings:
    +242
    You should contact the manufacturer of the MST Hub, and ask if it affects the refresh rate.

3. Jeremy Ford

Jeremy Ford
    Premium

Ratings:
    +242
  4. ITZtheBLITZ

ITZtheBLITZ

Ratings:
    +0
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.