D-Box vs Prosimu

HugoB

Premium
Hi fellow simracers,

I’m interested if anyone has experience with both motion platforms and if you could tell the price difference is worth it? I understand Prosimu has a new actuator the ‘PRS 200’:

http://www.prosimu-shop.com/en/75-t1000.html

It has double the speed of the D-Box actuators and comes in 100/150/200 millimeters travel, which is 4/6/8 Inches equivalent. The 6 inch D-Box cost 36.000 USD for 4 if I’m correct. The Prosimu 6 inches cost 9800 USD for 4. That’s more than three times as much, is D-Box three times better?

I understand D-Box uses it’s own software for the motion and works pretty good with almost every game. Prosimu uses Simtools 2.0. Can you get the exact same feedback from the D-Box setup as from the Prosimu?

I understand D-Box actuators are magnetic and therefore completely silent and very reliable. The Prosimu PRS 200 are brushless motors, their latest product, these are much stronger, much more silent than the old SCN6 actuators. They claim that they are double the speed of the D-Box (2g vs 1g) and can lift 200kg per actuator compared to D-Box 114kg per actuator.

So whats the deal here? Double the performance for 1/3 the price? Does the PRS 200 with Simtools 2.0 perform exactly the same as the D-Box? But only a bit louder and less longevity? Does anyone have experience with Simtools 2.0 on motion, compared to D-Box software, does it have the same detailed feedback?

Thanks!

Hugo

Found that video, impressive for the actuator at this price indeed:

This is near 3x cheaper than Prosimu PRS200,
Both run with SimTool though.

5x PRS200 cost $14,500
5x PT. Cost $5,500 (shipped) only:
https://www.xsimulator.net/communit...g-pt-actuators-on-a-simetik-k2-cockpit.13145/

vs. 5x D-Box 6 inch? If only 4x 3 inch kost 24K (http://dessimulation.com/product/d-box-gen-ii-actuators-4-actuators-kit/) I can only imagine what five 6 inch actuators cost:confused: 40K? 50K?

Upvote 0
Hi everybody. I've been searching the internet for days and this thread is the closest thing I've found to answering my questions! I'm currently looking to buy a 3DOF PT-Actuator system with 3 actuators. The price is significantly less than the 3DOF system that comes with 4 actuators. I'll be fitting it onto a Simlab GT1-Evo Rig.

My biggest concern is the stability of the rig with only a single actuator at the front? Also what about the angle it would make to the floor when in a maximum roll situation? I've asked PT-Actuators directly about this and they say it's not a problem at all. However, I can't find anybody who has this setup to confirm. Why does everybody tend to go with the more expensive 4 actuator setup if there is no real difference in the motion it can provide? It's making me think there must be some issues with the 3 actuator setup. If anybody has any videos or experience of a 3 actuator setup then I'd be very interested to see.

Upvote 0
Hi fellow simracers,

I’m interested if anyone has experience with both motion platforms and if you could tell the price difference is worth it? I understand Prosimu has a new actuator the ‘PRS 200’:

http://www.prosimu-shop.com/en/75-t1000.html

It has double the speed of the D-Box actuators and comes in 100/150/200 millimeters travel, which is 4/6/8 Inches equivalent. The 6 inch D-Box cost 36.000 USD for 4 if I’m correct. The Prosimu 6 inches cost 9800 USD for 4. That’s more than three times as much, is D-Box three times better?

I understand D-Box uses it’s own software for the motion and works pretty good with almost every game. Prosimu uses Simtools 2.0. Can you get the exact same feedback from the D-Box setup as from the Prosimu?

I understand D-Box actuators are magnetic and therefore completely silent and very reliable. The Prosimu PRS 200 are brushless motors, their latest product, these are much stronger, much more silent than the old SCN6 actuators. They claim that they are double the speed of the D-Box (2g vs 1g) and can lift 200kg per actuator compared to D-Box 114kg per actuator.

So whats the deal here? Double the performance for 1/3 the price? Does the PRS 200 with Simtools 2.0 perform exactly the same as the D-Box? But only a bit louder and less longevity? Does anyone have experience with Simtools 2.0 on motion, compared to D-Box software, does it have the same detailed feedback?

Thanks!

Hugo

Upvote 0
Hi everybody. I've been searching the internet for days and this thread is the closest thing I've found to answering my questions! I'm currently looking to buy a 3DOF PT-Actuator system with 3 actuators. The price is significantly less than the 3DOF system that comes with 4 actuators. I'll be fitting it onto a Simlab GT1-Evo Rig.

My biggest concern is the stability of the rig with only a single actuator at the front? Also what about the angle it would make to the floor when in a maximum roll situation? I've asked PT-Actuators directly about this and they say it's not a problem at all. However, I can't find anybody who has this setup to confirm. Why does everybody tend to go with the more expensive 4 actuator setup if there is no real difference in the motion it can provide? It's making me think there must be some issues with the 3 actuator setup. If anybody has any videos or experience of a 3 actuator setup then I'd be very interested to see.
Hi
I have the PT actuators(4) and it’s a great product and with the new 2.4 SimTools version its even better .
Yes, you can go for 3 actuators without any problem.
2 in the back and one in the middle front. Some even say it’s even better than 4 actuators.

upload_2019-7-1_11-8-26.jpg

Upvote 0
Hi
I have the PT actuators(4) and it’s a great product and with the new 2.4 SimTools version its even better .
Yes, you can go for 3 actuators without any problem.
2 in the back and one in the middle front. Some even say it’s even better than 4 actuators.

HI Wajdi. Thanks so much, your rig looks great!

Can I ask what made you decide on having 4 actuators instead of just 3? It's about $2k more expensive so just trying to figure out the reasons why people would choose to do it.

Upvote 0

Can I ask what made you decide on having 4 actuators instead of just 3? It's about $2k more expensive so just trying to figure out the reasons why people would choose to do it.
Because of the weights distribution. I have such a heavy cockpit and I’m myself a big guy so 4 actuators have a left capacity more than 3. If you don’t have the problem of weight you can easily go for 4 actuators.

Upvote 0

You can use 3 actuators if you like. With one actuator mounted on front and two in back to better support the driver weight. Its easy to mix the three actuators in simtools for the 3 axis. And the three actuators will provide more pitch-roll action too as the travel won't be so limited, will be divided by three not four actuators...

3DOF Axis assignements.jpg

Thanks
Thanos

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is near 3x cheaper than Prosimu PRS200,
Both run with SimTool though.

5x PRS200 cost $14,500
5x PT. Cost $5,500 (shipped) only:
There is some mistake with PRS 200 price :

PRS 200 100mm price (exc tax) is 6968 € for 5 so around US $ 7873 (1€- >$1.13 July 2019)
PRS 200 150mm price (exc tax) is 8531 € for 5 so around US $ 9640
Cables, power supply, electronic board, software (simtools) is including.

PRS 200 are build in France acceleration : 2G ;-) Speed : 280mm/s and lift capacity : 193 kg/actuator (with acceleration and speed to the maximum) but theoricaly could lift 600kg [ not verified].
BTW, for the Simracing 100mm is enought.

Stay tune with the P7MP platform (a revolution is comming in simracing :)))

Just for the fun
More real settings :
And the universal platform P5MP:

Thanks Patrick ProSimu https://www.prosimu.com

Upvote 0
There is some mistake with PRS 200 price :

PRS 200 100mm price (exc tax) is 6968 € for 5 so around US $ 7873 (1€- >$1.13 July 2019)
PRS 200 150mm price (exc tax) is 8531 € for 5 so around US $ 9640
Cables, power supply, electronic board, software (simtools) is including.

PRS 200 are build in France acceleration : 2G ;-) Speed : 280mm/s and lift capacity : 193 kg/actuator (with acceleration and speed to the maximum) but theoricaly could lift 600kg [ not verified].
BTW, for the Simracing 100mm is enought.

Hi Patrick. Do you also sell a package with just 3 of PRS 200 actuators? I'm looking for something similar to what Thanos has shown in his post above. What's your price for something like that including everything that would be needed such as the controller and power supplies? It'll be going onto my SimLab GT1-Evo Rig.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Really U cannot beat PT actuator price with others manufactur actuator. And the Price over value of the actuator build quality is top notch, PT actuator is an industrial build and also u dont have to hassle about the driver box is all in one box either 3 in 1 or 4 in 1 mdbox so small. I also have 4 pt actuator on my rig.

Upvote 0
Nice actuators. Thanks for sharing your videos. It looks like industrial grade. I am itched to try them. I saw a video somewhere claimed it can vibrate up to 50Hz. Not sure if this is true or not.
If I build another rig, I would like to use 3 of these actuators. Two on the back and one on front mounted on a ball joint so I will have true 3dof motion, but steering wheel will be fixed (not mounted on motion platform). Using VR set only.
oh, bro, sorry just seeing your greetings here, I am Shao from PT-Actuaor,and really grateful for all the guys suppport our business and nurturing us grow faster.

Upvote 0
vs. 5x D-Box 6 inch? If only 4x 3 inch kost 24K (http://dessimulation.com/product/d-box-gen-ii-actuators-4-actuators-kit/) I can only imagine what five 6 inch actuators cost:confused: 40K? 50K?
Hi, bro, actually , we both know, different company had its own business strategy and brand reputation, I think , Dbox leading this area, and that's why we are trying working hard to follow them, and doing something more splendid,and impressed on the end users. We are a team that working hard all day long to make a deepen research of the servo actautors, if Dbox really did magnetic actuators, I think ,their price is not high, frankly speaking, worthy of it, cause, it could be reached the best performance, and zero tolerance for the movings. But, all in all, most of the diy and hot fans can't afforded that.....

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back