D-Box - movement when using

Hi All,

I'm designing/building a rig with D-Box 4250i actuators and some other peripherals, and I am trying to understand how much movement/walking I should expect with this system using the non captive cups so as to avoid clashes between parts on the motion bed, and parts that are not.

Ideally, I would like to isolate the cups that the actuator feet sit in, so as the rig can only move about the 4 pivot points, but is it possible for the rig to 'jump the cups'?

I see there is a captive foot mentioned, but I cant seem to find it for sale, and does it require any movement through the pitch/roll effects?

The system comes with some ~95x95mm restraint boxes with a 10mm lip, but ideally I'd like to work within a tighter tolerance than that if at all possible.

Does anyone have experience of the actuators jumping out of the white plastic cups?

1640015373883.png

First, congrats on picking that system. It’s amazing. You can see my other posts here for my thoughts.

If your floor is level and you don’t have an ultra polished slippery floor, it should move very little, if at all. Those metal square cups are quite sticky. Mine has periodic slight movement, but that is because my floor is so un-level (1/2of an inch difference in floor height under rear left and right actuator), that I need different thicknesses of cork under each actuator to keep everything level. Even then, movement is very little (1/2” ) and only once in a while.

Not yet, it’s progressing slowly as I have a pretty demanding job that leaves me very rarely at home/in the country.

It’s going to be a special build for sure and I’ll share it when it’s done.

Hopefully lots of interesting concepts.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 81 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 314 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing