Cyan Racing Back With New Lynk & Co Brand

"Lynk & Co is a Chinese-Swedish automotive brand owned by Zhejiang Geely Holding Group. Founded in 2016, its cars will be positioned between those of the Geely brand and Swedish brand Volvo, which was purchased by Geely in 2010."
The people who have the final say are the people who own the brand, certainly not any of the Swedes.
I'll admit to bias, having considered Volvo as a contender for a new 'daily driver' a few years ago I was rather annoyed to discover the brand was owned by Geely.

Last edited:
For those saying it is a Chinese copy... all Lync & Co cars are completely designed in Sweden by the Volvo design team and built on Volvo base plates. They are probably pretty decent cars and have as much to do with China as normal Volvos.

Almost spot on :) except the Lynk & CO cars are designed by Geely Design in Gothenburg .Volvo Design has nothing to do with them apart from sharing the CMA platform (xc40, s40, lynk&co 01; 02 and 03).
The car doesn't look amazing, but it's not that bad in person, give them a few more years and they will be there . Especially when you realize that you getting a "reskinned" Volvo for half of the price .

Almost spot on :) except the Lynk & CO cars are designed by Geely Design in Gothenburg .Volvo Design has nothing to do with them apart from sharing the CMA platform (xc40, s40, lynk&co 01; 02 and 03).
The car doesn't look amazing, but it's not that bad in person, give them a few more years and they will be there . Especially when you realize that you getting a "reskinned" Volvo for half of the price .

I know, but it's many of the same people who have "crossed over" to the Lynk project. I think it looks good, but each to its own. :) The design brief was to "be design driven, look Northern European and stand out". Also to include a strong face as that is important to Chinese customers.

But this is in all essence a Swedish car. :)

"Lynk & Co is a Chinese-Swedish automotive brand owned by Zhejiang Geely Holding Group. Founded in 2016, its cars will be positioned between those of the Geely brand and Swedish brand Volvo, which was purchased by Geely in 2010."
The people who have the final say are the people who own the brand, certainly not any of the Swedes.
I'll admit to bias, having considered Volvo as a contender for a new 'daily driver' a few years ago I was rather annoyed to discover the brand was owned by Geely.

The Chinese don't have the final say on car models, they have the final say on the company as a whole. They don't interfere with what Volvo or Lynk does. In that regard they are a thankful parent company in regards to other large owners.

I also can't imagine how the fact that Volvo is Chinese owned would have anything to do with your decision to get a Volvo as a daily driver or not.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back