Cutting rules at Monza too strict? The end of the discussion is near.

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
Whaha, while we are complaining about the cutting rules at Monza being too strict compared to what we were used to in RACE - The WTCC Game i must admit that i prefer the stricter one for sure now. Let's close the discussion.

Just found this "hotlap" for the Xbox RACE Pro on youtube and that looks awefully like how we drove the RACE 06 track, yikes i dont want to go back to that anymore. Better too strict then too loose imho. I am cured of the complaining after this seeing this lap:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os2INeH4Ge8[/ame]

Also notice how bad the gears are used in this movie, while the Alfa has so much potential driving a hotlap on Monza:) My respect to the top RACE 07 drivers that nail a 1:57 with RACE 07 cutting rules grew today. Weldone!

In a game called ferrari challenge for PS3 the Monza cutting rules just werent there. And I was with a community that wanted fair racing yet when we raced with public the public well they were all cutting and we agreed we never would so we were losing a good 3-5 seconds on some corners. This would have been made simpler by a stricter rule. And im 100% agree that stricter rules are better. Otherwise if we all agree to not cut. Who says someone 20 seconds in front or behind you isnt going to cut while no1's around? Keep it as it is and club and league racing will be sooo much better.

• Ingo Voellinger

In Monza i always have 2 warnings after 2 laps but i like the cutting rules.
The only place in race07 where i dont like the rule, is curitiba turn 1, should be more strict there.

To be honest, I never understood the complains about the cutting rules in Monza. On one hand you can have 2 tyres on the curb without being warned, on the other hand, you know they are there, so just drive clean. All have the same rules, so no disadvantage!
This is for me like crying about the fact that it rains. That will not change it!

To Bram's and Simon's point about the gear usage:
Sorry for my ignorance (I always want to learn something :)), why is it awful? What I see is, it seems he did not adjust the lower gears to the track (the first chicane is a first gear spot), otherwise he seems to be lazy. Further, when I do not use the throttle before T1 while downshifting I usually spin. Anything more, more drastic mistakes?

I dont see the point in cutting to go fast, the quickest driver will be the one who can keep his car on track the fastest, after watching this I agree with Bram, I prefer to see the cutting rules as they are now, but the Imola ones are still far too strict IMO.

Imola and Monza are quite even i think. Only the Imola corner is very hard because the entry speed is higher :)
I like all cutting rules since yesterday, except Cu(r)tiba which is an absolute joke that the first corner has never been adjusted: totally unplayable as last Saturday's race proved.
@Dietmar, the last Parabolica curve is a 3rd gear corner. The fact he takes this one (and others) in fourth gear means imo that his gears are not properly setup for perfect acceleration. He reaches the rev limiter before the entry of Lesmo 2 :D

Nope, still think the cutting rules are far too strict in most GTRE tracks...GTR2 was perfect. The rules in GTRE are bordering on rediculous.

Rules in GTR2 allowed you to go 4 wheels on the curb...which some leagues allow. If a league doesn't want people doing this, it's up to them to enforce it. Just my opinion though.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 110 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 39.9%